Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Table starts?

7 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Can anyone direct me to some videos on retrieving a PCC from a table at the beep?

I've added my feeble attempts to my dry fire practice but it just don't seem good.     I'm slow, clumsy, just not good.

Any pointers would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

I've tried this and added an unloaded start. I was very slow.  I've thought of couple things to try next time I do dry fire.  For example, tilt pcc to the right to see the magwell and load, hold the stock against my chest to keep it stable. What do you guys think?  Anyone have better  ideas on how to hold their pcc while loading on a unloaded start?  TIA!

12 minutes ago, Joeyxbat said:

I've tried this and added an unloaded start. I was very slow.  I've thought of couple things to try next time I do dry fire.  For example, tilt pcc to the right to see the magwell and load, hold the stock against my chest to keep it stable. What do you guys think?  Anyone have better  ideas on how to hold their pcc while loading on a unloaded start?  TIA!

For unloaded starts, I try to incorporate several moves into one.  I grab the gun by the hand grip, grab the mag with the other hand and as I'm loading the mag, I'm actually bringing up the gun to my shoulder.  my weak hand, after loading the mag, racks the slide then goes to my index point on the handguard.  If that makes sense?  Not sure if it's the best way, but it works for me.

Now that I just moved my laser, my right side charging handle is slightly obstructed by the laser.  I might need to rethink it.

Edited by stick
24 minutes ago, stick said:

For unloaded starts, I try to incorporate several moves into one.  I grab the gun by the hand grip, grab the mag with the other hand and as I'm loading the mag, I'm actually bringing up the gun to my shoulder.  my weak hand, after loading the mag, racks the slide then goes to my index point on the handguard.  If that makes sense?  Not sure if it's the best way, but it works for me.

Now that I just moved my laser, my right side charging handle is slightly obstructed by the laser.  I might need to rethink it.

When inserting the mag, how do you hold it?  Like a loading pistol or ar15 mag?

31 minutes ago, Joeyxbat said:

When inserting the mag, how do you hold it?  Like a loading pistol or ar15 mag?

Beer can for a big stick, pistol style for smaller mags (classifiers, standards, etc). The big stick is carried just above horizontal in a pouch on the front of the belt. Bullets down.

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Beer can for a big stick, pistol style for smaller mags (classifiers, standards, etc). The big stick is carried just above horizontal in a pouch on the front of the belt. Bullets down.

Thanks!  Now, I understand how to load my pcc properly. Lol 

56 minutes ago, Joeyxbat said:

So, this means bullets are facing back in the holster? 

32 minutes ago, Joeyxbat said:

Thanks!  Now, I understand how to load my pcc properly. Lol 

I actually cant my front mag pouch facing left.  I actually prefer bullets up.  It's just how I do it.

If it's a loaded start and your gun lays too flat to easily get your hand on the grip, you can do it like a pistol pickup.  Lift the gun up off the table with the weak hand at the optic while grabbing the grip with the strong hand, then move the weak hand to the normal position while bringing the gun up. 

I put a BCM Mod3 charging handle on mine, so it holds the gun up high enough to get on the grip without having to lift it up.

If mags start on belt, I will put gun with ejection port down. If you can game it and mags anywhere on table I line up first mag with magwell, push mag in with right hand, hold it with left then rack slide going to shoulder. 

4 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

If mags start on belt, I will put gun with ejection port down. If you can game it and mags anywhere on table I line up first mag with magwell, push mag in with right hand, hold it with left then rack slide going to shoulder. 

Wow, that's a great idea. Thanks!

Edited by Joeyxbat
Add more content