Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jack Ryan-Prime!

427Cobra

I have read all of Tom Clancy’s books.  The story back stories have changed from the books, Greer is Jacks boss, Jack is an analyst, courting his wife, and John Clark is present, although not actually named.  It’s good, I can’t wait for season 2. 

So far it does not show up as avilable on DVD.  Best I could find is with an Amazon Prime membership you can watch it on your cell phone.

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=16775794011

FWIW, my internet service is far from being "high speed" but I can still watch it on ROKU.  Some shows will stop once in a while to buffer the signal but at least I get to watch it. Sign up for a "free" 30 day trial subscription ( I think they still offer it) and see if it will work.

I was dying laughing when there was the shootout in Saint Denis north of Paris, I got to take a trip to France in June, and had to stay the night in Saint Denis, totally the area where I would guess there would be a group like that ?

On 9/3/2018 at 6:24 PM, davsco said:

for the three of us on the planet that don't have high speed internet, any way to otherwise watch this?

I don't have access to high speed. I have dsl with 3mbps and have no issue streaming on 2 tvs at same time. How slow is your internet

On 9/2/2018 at 10:50 PM, 427Cobra said:

I have read all of Tom Clancy’s books.  The story back stories have changed from the books, Greer is Jacks boss, Jack is an analyst, courting his wife, and John Clark is present, although not actually named.  It’s good, I can’t wait for season 2. 

I haven't read the books; I don't watch TV, usually, because they are just like news - they chase $ and can/will kill chars off just for $ (exceptions to the rule exist in the form of GoT, etc.)

Firefly was the last and best TV series, to me.

I have tried diff TV series since then (watched 4 seasons of Dexter, couldn't like it, stopped), but most have horrible acting.  Stranger Things/Black Mirror was one of the few good ones.  I tried Jack Ryan.  

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

I really like it, mainly/only because of the main character and the actual character development (I don't care of explosions - I care about the characters, hence Firefly).  There were huge plot holes - "Oh look, I chased that guy for 10 feet, I guess I won't chase him, anymore" "We send regular police and swat instead of GIGN to work with the CIA in the most threatening of terrorist cases; police that have jack nuts for training" "We suddenly stopped checking incoming flights for wanted terrorists/terror lists" "We don't monitor the WIFI of the terrorist family we are hosting, while their dad is the #1 threat right now"

But besides those glaringly HUGE plot holes, I liked it and hope there will be a season 2.  Honestly, if they just have Jim/Jack Ryan and Cathy, and some action (guns and otherwise), I'd be ok.  The middle-eastern actors/actresses were better than many others.

1 hour ago, cajunautoxer said:

I don't have access to high speed. I have dsl with 3mbps and have no issue streaming on 2 tvs at same time. How slow is your internet

we just use our cell phones as hotspots, so spend enough on data plans without trying to watch vids or movies.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed watching it.  I've read all of Clancy's Jack Ryan books over the years and could see elements of different ones in this  show.  Not sure why they had to change some of the basic elements - i.e.,Boston College instead of Annapolis, but was able to look past it.

Looking forward to seeing Season 2.  Nice to see an actress who isn't a size 0 for a change...

• 1 month later...

Same guy was in the movie about Benghazi.    He has the right "feel" for someone who thinks he's a quiet, easy going, analyst type but is able to rise to the occasion when things go south.

As the female French cop told him, "You keep saying you are not a wolf, but I think you are a wolf trying to be a sheep."  Or something to that effect.