Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC allowed in USPSA Rifle Match?

JZELEK

9 minutes ago, perttime said:

Technically speaking, a Pistol Caliber Carbine is a rifle.

What power requirement does USPSA Rifle have?

5.45 x 39 is minimum caliber for rifle in multigun. 

Per Appendix A6 of multi gun rules...

Pistol Caliber Carbine in Multi-Gun

Inclusion of PCC into the Multigun rules is provisional and included here on a trial basis.  A PCC may be included in a MG match as a specific type of firearm, (i.e., a 4th firearm type.)  It will not be allowed as a substitute for another firearm required in a match such as a handgun or rifle.  Inclusion of PCC in these rules does not allow for the running of a PCC Only match under this rule set.  That is governed in another set of rules.  This appendix expires 31 December 2018 unless approved for extension by the Board of Directors.

15 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

5.45 x 39 is minimum caliber for rifle in multigun. 

Per Appendix A6 of multi gun rules...

Pistol Caliber Carbine in Multi-Gun

Inclusion of PCC into the Multigun rules is provisional and included here on a trial basis.  A PCC may be included in a MG match as a specific type of firearm, (i.e., a 4th firearm type.)  It will not be allowed as a substitute for another firearm required in a match such as a handgun or rifle.  Inclusion of PCC in these rules does not allow for the running of a PCC Only match under this rule set.  That is governed in another set of rules.  This appendix expires 31 December 2018 unless approved for extension by the Board of Directors.

The way I read this is that PCC can be included as long as its in its own division?

Also  because it's in its own division it uses the 125 PF minimum that applies to PCC?

Edited by JZELEK

32 minutes ago, JZELEK said:

The way I read this is that PCC can be included as long as its in its own division?

Also  because it's in its own division it uses the 125 PF minimum that applies to PCC?

I haven’t witnessed PCC as it’s own division in uspsa multigun, have one local club that runs uml pcc only division in addition to other multigun divisions. 

5 hours ago, Steve RA said:

If the minimum caliber is 5.45 mm, which is the diameter of the bullet, it would seem that 9mm would certainly fit since it's 3.55mm larger.

The PCC appendix has specific pistol calibers spelled out and with previous A6 appendix it doesn’t say you can substitute pcc for rifle, only that pcc may be an additional firearm. I don’t think the 5.45x39 as the minimum caliber includes 9x19 pistol caliber just because the bore diameter is larger. 

7 hours ago, caspian guy said:

If it meets the requirements for a rifle, and makes rifle minor, why not? (rifle minor used to be what 155pf? That shouldn't be too hard.)

I've seen rifle shots out to 400 yards at Frostproof which uses USPSA multigun rules.  Try that with PCC!

I'll stick with my pcc for pistol matches and my 223 for multigun.

3 hours ago, stick said:

I've seen rifle shots out to 400 yards at Frostproof which uses USPSA multigun rules.  Try that with PCC!

I'll stick with my pcc for pistol matches and my 223 for multigun.

Yea don't get me wrong.  I agree the right tool for the job and all that. I wouldn't show up at a match like at frostproof with a M1 carbine either (which would also make pf?) .  . But if you were going to a match that only had bay type stages out to a 100 yards or so why not?  Like most things where Uspsa rules have some wiggle room in them (or seem to) if someone wanted to shoot a 9x19 rifle in a match, the best thing to do is contact NROI and see how they interpret  Then make sure the MD agrees.

Edited by caspian guy

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Not wanted in a rifle match. Not wanted in a pistol match. At some point somebody has to realize there needs to be stand alone PCC matches.

Frostproof has PCC palozza a stand alone PCC match.  I'm just better with a PCC than a pistol.

1 hour ago, stick said:

Frostproof has PCC palozza a stand alone PCC match.  I'm just better with a PCC than a pistol.

Lucas oil PCC match, Area 5 PCC match,..... Yeah there are some big matches for the red headed step kids. I was thinking more along the lines of locals as well. I'm not sure I would be better with my PCC but I might shoot it a few times locally for some variety if I can bring myself to put down the Open gun. I won't practice much or put much time into PCC so I wouldn't just sign up for a PCC Major. I would probably shoot it much more if there were stand alone matches available monthly somewhere close by.

5 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Lucas oil PCC match, Area 5 PCC match,..... Yeah there are some big matches for the red headed step kids. I was thinking more along the lines of locals as well. I'm not sure I would be better with my PCC but I might shoot it a few times locally for some variety if I can bring myself to put down the Open gun. I won't practice much or put much time into PCC so I wouldn't just sign up for a PCC Major. I would probably shoot it much more if there were stand alone matches available monthly somewhere close by.

Despite what you read on many threads, there haven't been enough PCC shooters that show-up,  to support a stand alone match. Even the Lucas oil match last year was only about 1/2 full. May be getting closer, we'll see.