Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Gen 5 trigger (suggestions)

Kettlebell

I have heard the Gen 5 triggers are almost as nice as the older Gen 3 triggers. 

If I wanted to stay with a Glock connector and trigger bar what else could be done to improve the factory trigger pull? 

Swap (.) connector for (-)?  Swap to a Wolff 5lb striker spring?  Polish all wear surfaces?

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

I shot a gen 5 last night. It was heavy but didn't seem too bad. I'm not sure I've ever thought any stick Glock trigger was great. I just accepted them. At least on my carry guns. 

The first thing I'd try is going to a 4.5# sprng if it was for competition. 

Edited by B_RAD

42 minutes ago, Kettlebell said:

Thank you all for the input!  I will look into TTI and Jonnyglocks.

Has anyone had problems with a 5lb Wolff striker setting off quality factory ammo? 

When johnny sends a trigger he sends a 4 pound and 4 5 pound striker springs. That being said I can run a 4 pound with the stock striker on my reloads with cci primers and not have a isue, no light strikes at all. I do have a lone wolf striker channel liner and the ghost pro spring cups as johnny told me he really like them, so I trusted him agen and haven't had any isues. 

I should also put with my johnny trigger I'm getting 2.25 pounds with the 4 pound spring, 2.75 pounds with the 4.5 pound spring and 3.25 pounds with the stock striker spring and if that's all to light he can build it with more trigger weight or get a extra power striker spring. I will also say that after you hit the trigger what I have about a 8th inch of trigger pull when it breaks and no over travel at all, also as smooth as butter. I've been shooting it all season in uspsa and idpa and steel matches with a few bullseye shoots in there and it puts me at a round count of about 10k on the trigger. It's a bit heavey compared to my dad's cz tactical sport but it does feel better and the reset is sweet, varry strong and almost resets it's self makeing the varry easy on doubles. Reset is sitting at about a 8th of a inch same as the pull makeing it a varry fast trigger. As said befor I've shot alot of triggers and this is the best you can get. I like it better then my 1911 triggers just do to the reset. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 12:03 AM, quietmike said:

Put a Johnny Glock competition trigger in mine.

I have 2 and I'm going to put a Johnny Glock competition trigger in ever competition Glock I buy from now on. 

I've tried a Vogel and ended up going to JG. 

Edited by telligentgunner

42 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

I have 2 and I'm going to put a Johnny Glock competition trigger in ever competition Glock I buy from now on. 

I've tried a Vogel and ended up going to JG. 

I'm with you and love my johnny glock trigger

16 hours ago, bigtimelarry said:

Vanek has the Gen5's  down to 2lbs..  Mine is spectacular..

I let several LEO Firearms Instructors try 1 Gen 5 Glock with a Vanek Kit and 1 Gen 5 Glock with a Johnny Glocks kit and they preferred the Johnny Glocks trigger.

3 hours ago, Dbw2223 said:

I have a variant of glocktriggers.com triggers in all of my Glocks. For carry I use the skimmer. For competition I’ve tried both the edge and the Vogel, I prefer the edge. The difference is in the take up the Vogel has stock take up where the edge is reduced.

I tried their triggers in Gen 4 Glocks and I preferred Johnny Glocks, Vanek , DK and Joe D Conversion triggers.