Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yes, they do break

GregJ

12655 rounds and the slide safety

bit the dust.  Fortunately wife and I were at the range having a day date. I had just shot a local match yesterday. 

6k rounds a DPP screw broke. I think I will start replacing the screws at 4-6k and the slide stop at 10k. 

5121EB8A-606A-4159-BCB8-BA950480AE9E.jpeg

Yes, two parts that will break are the trigger return spring and the other is the slide stop. One that helps with the slide stop is using a shock buff. I have not had one break yet, but all my CZ's have shock buffs from day 1.

I also use shok buffs (clear ones).  Without them, when you cycle the slide dry you can really feel the 'clank' of it hitting the slide stop bar.  I'm sure it takes a lot of rounds for it to break, but I the little extra added padding.  I check them after every session/match and replace if worn.  Have been completely reliable thus far.  Still, I just ordered a few replacement units to have on hand just in case.

Edited by MoRivera

Where do you guys get your shock buffs from?  So far, I cant find anyone I shoot with that uses one in their CZ.  I might get a few to try.

Shock buffs have always been a hit or miss in 1911s, no I never ran one in my SS guns. 

Edited by GregJ

It will come with both thick and thin. In SP01 style guns I would suggest only the thin. The thick are good for Shadow 2 or TS.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/10911246_Recoil-Buffer-Set-Czub

I to have broken two different slide stops. It surely does happen and is a known thing with our guns. Always carry one in your range bag.

55 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

It will come with both thick and thin

Thanks!   Yeah, I knew they were a wear item, so I always kept one in the bag.  Will be more diligent on swapping this and trigger spring out at regular intervals.   :cheers:

Supposed to be for 75 series. 

From CZC last year. 

I think I need 1002 instead. 

Item Sku Qty
CZ 75 Shadow/SP01 Slide Stop 10003 1
Edited by GregJ

34 minutes ago, GregJ said:

New slide lock is interferring with safety. Anyone run into this?  I can take some off either one, just very odd. 

5C0C2D12-A1D9-4494-A3C1-0F545BAEB506.jpeg

Nevermind, noticed the shadow 1 safety is different than standard SP01

Edited by muncie21

The top end pictured is not the original, I bought it here as it had the optic cut.  The gun is a 75 Shadow, and I do believe the new stop I got was for an SP01.    Duh. 

11 hours ago, GregJ said:

The top end pictured is not the original, I bought it here as it had the optic cut.  The gun is a 75 Shadow, and I do believe the new stop I got was for an SP01.    Duh. 

Take a look at a standard 75 safety, it's a different shape than the one in your picture.  Having said that, I thought the safeties (not decocker) were interchangeable betweenSP01 and shadow.

58 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

Take a look at a standard 75 safety, it's a different shape than the one in your picture.  Having said that, I thought the safeties (not decocker) were interchangeable betweenSP01 and shadow.

I have, unfortunately the CZ-USA, CZC, and CGW web sites are somewhat lacking for 75 Shadows.  The one I have I had ordered last year, obviously wrong, but I made it fit last night.  Will use it as an emergency spare when I get the right ones.  I have a couple on the way from CGW, will call them today to verify they are correct.   tks

42 minutes ago, CZ85Combat said:

I have 30,000 rounds on my Accu-Shadow and never had any problem with the mounting screws.  does your milling have the locating post or only the screws holding the DPP?

Its the CZ multi optic cut so it has the posts. Maybe it was just metal fatigue in a bad screw?

I run a pin only in my TSO (i.e. no slidestop functionality) and noticed half of it missing yesterday while practicing at the range.  At $9/ea they are cheap enough to carry spares and change yearly if necessary.

This company sells hardened pins (without the slidestop feature, so no hold open). They cost about $6 and will ship in an envelope. http://www.zendl.cz/

I bought 4 and have used the first one for training since 40K rounds back. Never broke the first one. On match day the original slide stop goes in and I track the round count in a Excel. I replace the match stop after 3000 or so rounds.

The 75 Shadow/SA uses the tumbler style safety.  The SP-01 Shadow and newer SP01's use the "D-style" safety.  The extended D-style safety has a relief cut so the safety can fully engage when using the extended slide stop.  Check out this pic. 

d-style.jpg.97903c33807075c98da7e3824cee8411.jpg

I actually just bought a non-extended 75 slide stop by mistake if you want to trade me for that extended. Hit me up in PMs.

Edited by Haywizzle
typo

12 hours ago, spook said:

This company sells hardened pins (without the slidestop feature, so no hold open). They cost about $6 and will ship in an envelope. http://www.zendl.cz/

I bought 4 and have used the first one for training since 40K rounds back. Never broke the first one. On match day the original slide stop goes in and I track the round count in a Excel. I replace the match stop after 3000 or so rounds.

I made my own out of an impact hammer replacement pin. I think I paid $10 for two so I have a few spares. I doubt either will ever break, they have a much closer tolerance to the slide stop pin hole.

14 hours ago, Haywizzle said:

The 75 Shadow/SA uses the tumbler style safety.  The SP-01 Shadow and newer SP01's use the "D-style" safety.  The extended D-style safety has a relief cut so the safety can fully engage when using the extended slide stop.  Check out this pic. 

d-style.jpg.97903c33807075c98da7e3824cee8411.jpg

I actually just bought a non-extended 75 slide stop by mistake if you want to trade me for that extended. Hit me up in PMs.

PM sent.   Thanks!