Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I ordered my Limcat Sabercat, now what?

Nevadazielmeister

Hey members. Thank you for all of your help in the past. 

I just ordered a Sabercat from my friends at Limcat Customs and wanted to know what I might need. I have a belt and DAA Racemaster magazine pouches, just need to get a holster and magazines I imagine. Not going to get into the whole reloading thing since I already have that covered. I went with 38 Super Comp, just as an FYI. 

Since I am just changing the gun, what else might I need? So far I only have on my wishlist MBX magazines (2 x 140mm - 11 coil and 1 x 170mm - 13 coil) and DAA Racemaster holster. Any other ideas? What am I missing?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Congrats ! I like to have a 155 or 2 in the mix. Coming from limited, i find them easier to load on the move than a big stick . If you got Johnny's new steel grip, you will need to shave a STI insert to fit it due to the front thickness of it . 

27 minutes ago, Sprig said:

Congrats ! I like to have a 155 or 2 in the mix. Coming from limited, i find them easier to load on the move than a big stick . If you got Johnny's new steel grip, you will need to shave a STI insert to fit it due to the front thickness of it . 

On the 155mm magazines, would you recommend an 11 coil or 13 coil? 

I went with the regular grip since my hands are bigger. 

6 hours ago, lacivilian said:

Alpha X for sure! I also just got into Open and after getting the 155s in hands I think I will be replacing all 140s and using the MBX 155s exclusively on my belt.

Aha, this explains why the 155s are out of stock so much. No wonder. 

I would skip the 140s and 155's and just get 170s.  I started with 140s to reload with because I thought it felt better (coming from lim).  Then I had a stage were I wanted to reload to a 170 for round count reasons and had issues reloading off the belt with a 170.  

Spent the next couple days dry firing with only 170s for reloads, now it's easier for me to reload a 170 than a 140 and I never have to think about where in the stage my reload is happening.

I second the magnet. Ammo..... lot's of it! Guess you got all the usual range equipment? Mag loader, range bag etc? Hundo case gage for all the ammo you will be shooting!

I finally ordered the CED/DAA Range pack.

Congratulations! 

Edited by Broncman

10 hours ago, Balakay said:

Consider putting a magnet on one of your magazine pouches.  Helpful for the occasional stage where all mags start on a barrel or table

9 hours ago, cecil said:

if a shooter in your squad does not have to reload because they using  170 mag... good chance they will beat your time while you are reloading

6 hours ago, Broncman said:

I second the magnet. Ammo..... lot's of it! Guess you got all the usual range equipment? Mag loader, range bag etc? Hundo case gage for all the ammo you will be shooting!

I finally ordered the CED/DAA Range pack.

Congratulations! 

Thank you all for the responses. I learned a lot and finally went with 2 140mm's and a 170mm. I plan to get more later, but wanted to get a little bit of a start. 

I also ordered the belt magnet as suggested, thank you for that. 

As for ammo, I already have a Dillon 650XL that I have reloaded for 9mm and .223, thousands of rounds already, so my reloading knowledge and based mechanical structure is already in place. Yes, I plan to make some large orders to Powder Valley and Montana Gold. 

As for the Holster, I am going to try the Double Alpha Alpha-X holster and see if it works out. My friend Julian (Limcat Customs) is also curious about it to see if it will fit with their new steel handles. They have been getting mixed reports from customers regarding fit. So we will see I think. 

I'll try to post photos when the pistol is done. Tough wait, but good things are worth waiting for. My first race gun..  geez.

13 minutes ago, Broncman said:

Which magazines did you go with?

I went with the MBX magazines, 13 coil for the 170mm's and the 11 for the 140mm's. I heard they are pretty much maintenance/tuning free. I also understand that they (MBX) replace the magazine if they are damaged.

I have the same gun Hbar and steel grip. The DAA race master is a good holster. But the X is beefier but not as flexible positioning the gun. I am using this which blends the best of the DAA options. 

http://www.evergladesammo.com/shooting-accessories/holsters/everglades-magnetic-race-holster.html

Once locked it is nearly impossible to accidentally unlock and is heavy duty and positioning flexible.

• 1 month later...

What grip did you order with it? The new Limcat metal grip is phenomenal but will need some tweaking done to the DAA STI insert to get it to work. Congrats and enjoy the relatively shorter wait than some other builders! 

On 8/25/2018 at 8:09 AM, Posvar said:

What grip did you order with it? The new Limcat metal grip is phenomenal but will need some tweaking done to the DAA STI insert to get it to work. Congrats and enjoy the relatively shorter wait than some other builders! 

I ordered my Razorcat (just realized I called it the wrong model.. "Saborcat" geesh...) with a plastic grip and a steel grip for the wife. 

Still waiting.... Sigh.