Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ's and Blue Bullets

Bulldog317

I shot ACME before Blues and loved the laser cut boxes, but the Post Office was never gentle with them and they would always arrive broken and the bullets busted out of the bags.  I have only one of the laser cut large cases survive out of 8 or so. 

Both are great bullets, but the Post Office is the problem not the packaging.  With the Blues thick bags and cardboard, I have never had an issue.  Tomorrow I am expecting another 4 cases of the 125gr RN.

Jon

Blue Bullets have worked great for me sitting over W231 and Titegroup. They're accurate, feed reliably, and load easily. Smurf fingers is a small price to pay. 

On 6/25/2018 at 11:05 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

Looks like your mail got wet. Maybe see about using the $50 insurance that comes with those boxes for the mailman mishandling your package. 

In ~140,000 Blue Bullets worth of bullets the post office hasn't exactly loved me. But between the thick plastic, inner cardboard box and outer USPS mail box wrapped in packing tape I haven't ever had a double layer (or triple) burst. Sure some packages look like the guy dropped the box on a corner, but all the bullets were still in the box. 

Blue Bullets work great in all my CZs. Shadow 2, SP-01 Shadow, SP-01, Tac Sport (40) all solid and plenty accurate enough for our games. Without going to a Ransom rest I can get 2" groups at 25 yards which is the limit of my eyes at least. I've recovered a bunch of post firing Blue Bullets and to say the coating is tough is an understatement.

Not wet.  Too heavy contents in too weak at box.  Couple that with USPS handling and you have a problem.

It's not about the brand.  It's about fit.

Bullet to barrel fit is one of the most significant determiners of accuracy, and especially important with lead and coated lead.  Blue Bullets are undersized for lead at .355.   Lead is .356 standard, and many pistols do even better with .357 or .358.

Blue Bullets are lasers in my VP9 and Glock.  In my CZ ShadowLine, they throw flyers.  They're not crazy flyers.  Many would still find it acceptable accuracy for action shooting, but why in the world would I accept 20% of my rounds getting thrown out an extra couple inches when I can use other bullets that don't?    Blue Bullets also lead my CZ's barrel.  

NOW, if you love Blue, and you're determined to stay there, give their .38/.357 bullets a try.  I know guys with CZs shooting those with great success -- good precision and no leading.  The only catch is that you'll likely need to go with the 125gr bullets.  As bullets get wider, you need to seat them shorter to keep them out of the rifling when they chamber, and those 147gr Blues for .38/.357 have to seat SUPER deep into the case with CZs, past the point where the interior diameter of the case starts to narrow, and seating past that point can cause other problems.  Try the 125s.

That said, 125gr bullets in an all-metal CZ at 9mm minor velocities are kitty cats.   You're not doing yourself any favors with the 147gr bullets and a heavier, all-metal pistol.  You might find you perform even better with the 125gr bullets.

Give it a go.  ;) 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, IDescribe said:

It's not about the brand.  It's about fit.

Bullet to barrel fit is one of the most significant determiners of accuracy, and especially important with lead and coated lead.  Blue Bullets are undersized for lead at .355.   Lead is .356 standard, and many pistols do even better with .357 or .358.

Blue Bullets are lasers in my VP9 and Glock.  In my CZ ShadowLine, they throw flyers.  They're not crazy flyers.  Many would still find it acceptable accuracy for action shooting, but why in the world would I accept 20% of my rounds getting thrown out an extra couple inches when I can use other bullets that don't?    Blue Bullets also lead my CZ's barrel.  

NOW, if you love Blue, and you're determined to stay there, give their .38/.357 bullets a try.  I know guys with CZs shooting those with great success -- good precision and no leading.  The only catch is that you'll likely need to go with the 125gr bullets.  As bullets get wider, you need to seat them shorter to keep them out of the rifling when they chamber, and those 147gr Blues for .38/.357 have to seat SUPER deep into the case with CZs, past the point where the interior diameter of the case starts to narrow, and seating past that point can cause other problems.  Try the 125s.

That said, 125gr bullets in an all-metal CZ at 9mm minor velocities are kitty cats.   You're not doing yourself any favors with the 147gr bullets and a heavier, all-metal pistol.  You might find you perform even better with the 125gr bullets.

Give it a go.  ;) 

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!!!  Think I will give a the .356 125's a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 10:25 AM, daytona955i said:

The 147s won't pass the plunk test in my SP01 at 1.15" oal.

Otherwise they shoot great.

they wouldn't work for me either, so I switched to Ibejihead 147's , and after about 4000 between me and my shooting buddy we've had zero jams.

I think Blue Bullets listened. Friend of mine just received and order today with a sticker on the box ..." Now cleaner to load, no more blue fingers" . Interested to see what they did.
Nice! I'm getting ready to order some more. Can't wait to see if this is true. I guess it doesn't really matter since I wear surgical gloves while reloading. But it'll be nice to not get smurf dust all over my gloves as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk