SVI wait time

levellinebrad

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was asked at the time but I didn't have any ideas so I left it until SVI emailed the dealer up here yesterday.

Problem is nothing will be exported out of the US until your gov't starts back up. 😕

Edited by MikeyScuba

On 1/8/2019 at 11:41 AM, MikeyScuba said:

Any idea how far along SVI is once they ask for a serial #?  Or does everyone have one thought out when they place the order???😶

Not sure about timing but you should be able to change it up until they have to cut the rails on the frame... Lots of frames made without S/N's out there but they have to get a S/N once they cut the rails.

I’m good with my build.  Was unsure about the grip but after talking to a few guys I realized I made the right choice not going aggressive micro pockets.  I’ve a strong grip but soft hands, it would be bloody if I ever did a multi day course.  I just don’t develop calluses

4 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

I’m good with my build.  Was unsure about the grip but after talking to a few guys I realized I made the right choice not going aggressive micro pockets.  I’ve a strong grip but soft hands, it would be bloody if I ever did a multi day course.  I just don’t develop calluses

It's actually not that bad on the aggressive while shooting. You can ask that they knock down the tips before coating/bluing which DOES help make it less sharp, I've shot SV's with the aggressive grips both ways and prefer them knocked down a tad. My current SV has a one-off grip, kinda like the 187 but smaller diamonds and while it feels like it's not that grippy at first while shooting it DOES NOT MOVE, no pro-grip or anything, it's awesome.

12 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Your worry is not justified.  Yes, it does take a few days to get used to them initially, but after that you simply forget about it.  However, the grip quality it has stays.  I have two of them, and I would not have it any other way. 

I submitted my 2nd Infinity gun order deposit on 11-2-16 and received that gun on 5-2-18......so exactly 18 months.   If you're impatient, that's understandable but remember this is a full custom build.  That's just the nature of custom workmanship.   I've certainly waited longer for other custom guns.   If you absolutely can't wait.... then a full custom gun simply isn't the way to go.

19 hours ago, Aric said:

More photos, this time with better lighting.  

D20D675D-6A88-49B6-81C3-6CBF8B052D41.jpeg

Very nice! I am actually starting to get a little antsy in anticipation. I just ordered another 2000 PD 124’s so I can develop a load when mine gets here. I need to call SV and see about adding some mags.

2 hours ago, levellinebrad said:

I need to call SV and see about adding some mags.

I bought two 170’s off their website a few years back, before going to nationals.  I didn’t have time to test them before but I thought new SV magazines would run in my SV.  I loaded them up and found out that they only held 26-27 rounds.  Ok, I’ll use them on the shorter stages or where I am going to reload early.  They both had FTF issues the first time I used them.  I set them aside and didn’t use them for the rest of the match.  When I got home I figured out that the springs were too weak. Grams springs and followers fixed that.  Also when I put them in a magazine gauge, I had a few MM to spare so I went with a larger base pad.  They now hold 29, reloadable.  

I would recommend that you build your own 170’s or buy MBX magazines.  If you do buy from SV, make sure they know what you want: maximum capacity that is reliable that barely fits into the gauge.  

Edited by Aric