SVI wait time

levellinebrad

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke to them earlier this week, was told 15 months.  I was glad to find out they are only about 100 miles away from my home in the Dallas area.  While I was considering Atlas or Akai for my open build, this fact makes me feel like it’s worth going with SVI in case of future issues.

Edited by Wisemenofgotham

5 hours ago, FearsomeCritter said:

I ordered last April and got the call last week that mine just has 2-3 weeks left.  So just about right at 15 months.

that is good to here

• 5 months later...

I have a question for the folks who have ordered from SVI. 

How long did it take for your pistol to be completed once you got the email from SVI that “your gun is coming along nicely but will be a few more months”?

i received that email yesterday but I will be moving to a different state at some point around May or June. I hope it comes while I’m still a resident of N.C. but I don’t think there will be a problem if I’m in S.C. by the time it’s ready to ship. Thanks

6 hours ago, levellinebrad said:

I have a question for the folks who have ordered from SVI. 

How long did it take for your pistol to be completed once you got the email from SVI that “your gun is coming along nicely but will be a few more months”?

i received that email yesterday but I will be moving to a different state at some point around May or June. I hope it comes while I’m still a resident of N.C. but I don’t think there will be a problem if I’m in S.C. by the time it’s ready to ship. Thanks

I promise they will still sell and ship to you if you live in SC.  Ask me how I know😉

3 hours ago, Chillywig said:

Over a year to get a gun seems kinda crazy. I wonder how many are in the production line where it takes that long?

Probably not as many as you would think. I think they only have 3 or 4 builders but that’s just a guess based on what I’ve heard. I used to think it was crazy too until I shot one. I know that it will not make me a better shooter but it is definitely a better shooting gun. I’m shooting a ck right now and it is a very good shooting gun but not in the same class as far as fit and finish. The SVI just feels sooo good in my hands too. I’m excited to get it .

6 hours ago, Clint U66 said:

I promise they will still sell and ship to you if you live in SC.  Ask me how I know😉

I have no doubt but they wanted FFL info for shipping and I wasn’t sure where I would be. It looks like I will still be a NC resident so I’ll get them a FFL here.