SVI wait time

levellinebrad

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what changes are being made to deliver on their new 6-9 month advertised lead time and whether it will negatively impact the quality of these guns...  

This is what Tiffany Strayer posted on Facebook:

We have grown our business substantially since our relocation to our new factory in 2012. Technology improvements, new equipment and a heavy dose of creativity have allowed us to maintain quality and increase production exponentially over the past 7 years. We have always felt the pressure of the long lead times and any one who knows the Strayer family knows we live to work, maybe too much..Technology improvements are expensive but they our the key to the growth of Infinity. We will beat the competition in delivery, quality, and customer service. We do what we LOVE and we do it VERY WELL!

2 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

We have grown our business substantially since our relocation to our new factory in 2012. Technology improvements, new equipment and a heavy dose of creativity have allowed us to maintain quality and increase production exponentially over the past 7 years. We have always felt the pressure of the long lead times and any one who knows the Strayer family knows we live to work, maybe too much..Technology improvements are expensive but they our the key to the growth of Infinity. We will beat the competition in delivery, quality, and customer service. We do what we LOVE and we do it VERY WELL!

agree 100% , you will not beat  there quality, customer service is excellent!!!

59 minutes ago, TheSandMan491 said:

I saw what she said on facebook, but if it was that easy to flip a switch and go from 18 month lead time to 6 month lead time, I suspect they'd have done it years ago.  Something has to change in terms of their current manufacturing process.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 12:54 PM, tha1000 said:

I saw what she said on facebook, but if it was that easy to flip a switch and go from 18 month lead time to 6 month lead time, I suspect they'd have done it years ago.  Something has to change in terms of their current manufacturing process.

The most realistic explanation is that they just don’t have that many orders now.  There is a lot of competition and most of the firearms market is oversold.

I remember there used to be a number of reports on their interchangeable breech faces, extractors, and trigger parts needing to be replaced after about 3,000 rounds.  Did they get those issues figured out?  I’ve always wanted an Infinity, but it’s not unusual for me to blow through 500 rounds in a weekend.

8 hours ago, Whoops! said:

The most realistic explanation is that they just don’t have that many orders now.  There is a lot of competition and most of the firearms market is oversold.

I remember there used to be a number of reports on their interchangeable breech faces, extractors, and trigger parts needing to be replaced after about 3,000 rounds.  Did they get those issues figured out?  I’ve always wanted an Infinity, but it’s not unusual for me to blow through 500 rounds in a weekend.

There are dudes out there on a month 12 of their 18 month wait, but new orders are 6-9 months?  Doesn’t compute. If lack of orders was a problem , they’d have worked through the backlog by now. 

Ive owned 5 sv’s  Only issue I ever had was a broken front sight and a chipped extractor.  I’m not familiar with any problems with the ibf or trigger components.  

Edited by tha1000

They now have new machinery that allows faster lead times. So what ever gets ordered now will be less lead time.

Remember this company makes everything in house ie springs, barrels, slides, frames, magazines etc. and fits, tunes and test fires them.

Only thing they source out is the PVD finish.

Your number of reports of IBF, extractors and trigger parts needing replacement after 3k rounds is probably bad information being repeated by mouth at LGS.

If you’ve always wanted an Infinity maybe one day you’ll get one.

There are Infinity shooters putting 500 plus rounds a day through them. 500 rounds a weekend is an Average B shooter trying to make A with practice and level I matches.

I recently got to go to the Infinity factory and take a level I gunsmith course with Brandon and Casey and take a movement training course by Bill Drummond their factory shooter. It was very impressive operation.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_9876.jpgIMG_9875.jpgIMG_9872.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so who's the chap wearing a Glock shirt to an Infinity factory tour?

I've had the opportunity to squad with Bill. Super nice guy, very analytical about stage breakdowns and you gotta love the 'sound effects' as he's walking through the stage :)

12 hours ago, Scott Steele said:

They now have new machinery that allows faster lead times. So what ever gets ordered now will be less lead time.

Remember this company makes everything in house ie springs, barrels, slides, frames, magazines etc. and fits, tunes and test fires them.

Only thing they source out is the PVD finish.

Your number of reports of IBF, extractors and trigger parts needing replacement after 3k rounds is probably bad information being repeated by mouth at LGS.

If you’ve always wanted an Infinity maybe one day you’ll get one.

There are Infinity shooters putting 500 plus rounds a day through them. 500 rounds a weekend is an Average B shooter trying to make A with practice and level I matches.

I recently got to go to the Infinity factory and take a level I gunsmith course with Brandon and Casey and take a movement training course by Bill Drummond their factory shooter. It was very impressive operation.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_9876.jpgIMG_9875.jpgIMG_9872.jpg

Actually, the info for the parts breakage is on this forum.  I’ve just been around a bit longer than you.  Most of the parts issues were being reported about 8-10 years ago.

You obviously don’t know anything about USPSA classes and how to get them, so I have to doubt your mechanical know-how as well.

What new gee whiz machinery do they have and how much quicker is it than the old machinery for individual parts? 

Industry secret?  Lol . . .

It used to take them 12 months to get through their parts backlog because their mills and heat treatment were slow?

bulls#!t.

These are custom $5500+ guns that many people don’t even know exist and many more than that would never spend the money on.

When manufacturers want to be exclusive, it’s not unusual for them to limit the number of models being made to create exclusivity.  When the order pool drops too much, they try to make sales more appealing through incentives.  One easy incentive for exclusive manufacturers is reduced wait time.

Logical, aligns with current market conditions, talks like a duck, walks like a duck . . .

Edited by Whoops!

Actually, the info for the parts breakage is on this forum.  I’ve just been around a bit longer than you.  Most of the parts issues were being reported about 8-10 years ago.

You obviously don’t know anything about USPSA classes and how to get them, so I have to doubt your mechanical know-how as well.

What new gee whiz machinery do they have and how much quicker is it than the old machinery for individual parts? 

Industry secret?  Lol . . .

It used to take them 12 months to get through their parts backlog because their mills and heat treatment were slow?

bulls#!t.

These are custom $5500+ guns that many people don’t even know exist and many more than that would never spend the money on.

When manufacturers want to be exclusive, it’s not unusual for them to limit the number of models being made to create exclusivity.  When the order pool drops too much, they try to make sales more appealing through incentives.  One easy incentive for exclusive manufacturers is reduced wait time.

Logical, aligns with current market conditions, talks like a duck, walks like a duck . . .

Whatever. I didn’t mean to make you angry.

As a former member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (name has changed) I would suggest,Upgraded and more machines increases production quantity without sacrificing quality. 

Machine set up was usually the most time consuming step, think Bridgeport to Cad. 

Regardless, of the unfounded speculation, Tiffany is spot on, why insult her by doubting her sincerity. 

On 7/26/2019 at 6:53 AM, tha1000 said:

There are dudes out there on a month 12 of their 18 month wait, but new orders are 6-9 months?  Doesn’t compute.

Lets see, I've already got those guns sold but I need to get more orders in the system because we are getting low on backlog.

Hmmm, what do I do?

:) 

No clue what is going on with SVI, but with business in general it would not be a shocker. 

Wow this got hostile. Is it really shocking a company can increase production while maintaining quality? How does Ford build nearly 1 million pickup trucks in a year? Scale your production to meet the rising demand (more machines, better machines, more employees, etc). Maybe SVI was running 10 year old machines and they just upgraded to the latest and greatest. Maybe they just doubled the number they had and hired more people. I don't care how they did it, just hope it's true in case I want another pistol from them...

2 hours ago, tha1000 said:

The wood veneer on my 2018 Ford popped off the dash while I was driving home for lunch today. Just sayin. 

Ha! I don’t doubt it

6 hours ago, tha1000 said:

The wood veneer on my 2018 Ford popped off the dash while I was driving home for lunch today. Just sayin. 

Well, the bow tie brigade 'aint any better.  I took the back seat out of my 2019 Silverado today.  It's styrofoam with a thin cushion and cover.  No metal frame, no springs, nothing.  Weighs about 10 lb.

23 hours ago, tha1000 said:

Yup. The sights will probably start falling off SV’s now that they build em so fast. 

10 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

Ha. I have had a couple of their front sights break on me. Not sure why they remove so much metal out of the middle. 

Nobody is going to be perfect, as much as we want our favorite brands to be (cars, guns, take your pick). 

I was just confused by the skepticism about their new lead times. They said it is due to new technology and equipment, which sounds reasonable to me. Let’s give them a chance to deliver. 

• 2 weeks later...