Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX magazines

glocklover

9 hours ago, resortboarder said:

Not surprised.  I had one mag that would catch on the slide when it closed on an empty cylinder.

MBX makes revolver mags? They are on the cutting edge!! :goof:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not in my opinion I have a few for my open gun and in 38SC they run fine but my limited run and 3 gun pistols will not run with MBX they are a good looking mag but not the most reliable

I have had the best luck with SVI tubes, TT base pads and grams springs/followers.  I check the feed lips before major matches, which you should do on any 2011 mag.  I sent a mag to my gun builder and he tunes the gun to work with my mags.  Keep them clean and feed lips in spec and I have no trouble.  

I have 3 that my Para's will be running with for Limited Nationals this year

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How old are your mags? I just bought 2 and their are some differences in the one I bought last year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I've just purchased a some MBX mags for my 40 STI. As I shoot IPSC they are the 126mm with the angled basepad.  However I only seem to be able to get 16 rounds in them, whereas all the commentary on the mags indicate I shoyld get 18, maybe 19.Any ideas?

On 9/1/2018 at 1:57 AM, buckonz said:

I've just purchased a some MBX mags for my 40 STI. As I shoot IPSC they are the 126mm with the angled basepad.  However I only seem to be able to get 16 rounds in them, whereas all the commentary on the mags indicate I shoyld get 18, maybe 19.Any ideas?

They may not be stacking right. When you get to about 12 rounds make sure you use an uplula and continually press down on the top round 10 times or so in order to get them to stack perfectly. I’ve had this happen from time to time in my 170s.

14 hours ago, lacivilian said:

They may not be stacking right. When you get to about 12 rounds make sure you use an uplula and continually press down on the top round 10 times or so in order to get them to stack perfectly. I’ve had this happen from time to time in my 170s.

I'll give that a go. Thanks.

14 hours ago, lacivilian said:

You were absolutely spot on. I used an Uplula to load all rounds into the magazine. After loading up 12, I pressed down about 10 times, after which I was able to load another 6 rounds. Many thanks!

1 hour ago, buckonz said:

You were absolutely spot on. I used an Uplula to load all rounds into the magazine. After loading up 12, I pressed down about 10 times, after which I was able to load another 6 rounds. Many thanks!

No problem! That’s what Enos is for. 

The only time i have had issues with mbx mags were with my pt grips. I had a chance to run the new style 9/38 sti mAgs when they first came out from a local shooter that got some to test. They worked well out of both the pt grip and the 2011 plastic grip

I just picked up 2 almost new MBX 140/9 mags that were sold as very lightly used and appeared as such.  Was excited to get mags that I knew would work for my DVC Open without a ton of tinkering.  Well, that excitement was short lived..  One of them needed a minor feed lip tweak (no biggie), but the other is useless.  Haven't put much effort into it, but either the tube is out of spec or (more likely) the mag catch is cut wrong.  It doesn't feed and it doesn't drop (has to be physically pulled out).  

Going to call MBX and see if  they want to take care of it, but I'm not impressed at all.  If they were $5 more than factory STI mags, they might be ok.