Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for recommendations on a good AR-10 (.308) matched receiver set.

JasonS

The biggest thing you’ll find is there isn’t any standard for parts. You’ve got different rail heights different parts kits etc. you’ll end up having a hell of a time matching it all up. My ar10 build ended up almost all aero.  Parts kit. Receivers and rail. Then I said screw it and got the bcg and ch as well

SI Defense had the best ambi setup I have ever had my hands on.... but are now owned by Falkor and doesn’t look like they sell stripped receiver sets anymore.  

There are are a couple SI-D sets on gunbroker but look to be the standard set not fully ambi version, still awesome deal for $295 imo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been very impressed with Aero products.  The last build I did for my buddy at work was with the M4E upper/lower line.  Lower was fantastic to assemble and has very nice enhanced features.  I bought a complete upper for myself last year on a black Friday special and it is great as well.  I'm sure all their M5 .308 line is just the same.  Very impressed by the fit/finish.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 8:28 PM, Hawk21 said:

SI Defense had the best ambi setup I have ever had my hands on.... but are now owned by Falkor and doesn’t look like they sell stripped receiver sets anymore.  

There are are a couple SI-D sets on gunbroker but look to be the standard set not fully ambi version, still awesome deal for $295 imo

Glad to hear I just bought a complete Si-D rifle, the ambi parts do look great.

2a armament if you want light. I think they still have the blemish set with free handguard deal still going on. I think it saves around $300 plus vs non blemished. The blemish is the hole to install the front takedown pin Detent is slightly out of spec, meaning it doesn’t affect the actual usage of the rifle. 

• 3 weeks later...