Inappropriate Use Of Under Armour

tewlman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hm. I love my UA. I only wear UA HeatGear on matches in summer. I get into UA because I do grappling too, and its quite popular amongst grapplers. But also, its quite "cool", since UA has root in combatitive sports. Its brand thing, after all, hate to admit.

• 1 month later...

I wear it as my shooting attire for many reason....

If you don't like it....stop staring. ;)

The fact that people think wearing a tight shirt that wicks moisture to a sporting event is inappropriate severly worries me....

Shoot...even my profile forum picture is of that....I really see no problems with it at all.

Jake, I think you missed the point.... its ok if you can pull it off, you're thin enough...

But for some people that wear UA with no cover garment, its like seeing a fat man wear a speedo to the beach.... it just burns your eyes out! :blink:

As I mentioned to a top shooter who recomended UA to me at Area 3, I went to a local sporting goods store to try some on and the only color they had was purple. I took one look in the mirror, and all I could think of was a Hippo in spnadex.

I decided then and there that I would spare the world the sight of my "Body by Pilsbury" in tight fitting UA.

I was told by another shooter this last week that they do make the stuff in a "Loose Fit" which I may check into.

Two items...

Yes there is UA tactical http://www.botac.com/unar50tafut1.html also Uncle Mike's displayed tactical spandex at 2005 Shot Show

So about three weeks ago the wife and I were in the bread aisle at the supermarket when up walks Jack LaLane's slightly younger brother in all black UA workout clothing... tops and bottoms...the tight stuff too! I heard "clean up on asile 3" in my head we fought back rolling belly laughs and lunch. It was scene out of South Park!

Jake, I think you missed the point.... its ok if you can pull it off, you're thin enough...

But for some people that wear UA with no cover garment, its like seeing a fat man wear a speedo to the beach.... it just burns your eyes out!  :blink:

... you mean somthing like this?

wflz-fm_20945_4.jpg

... so is this guy pulling it off or are your eyes burning?

Ok, you know you're from Mississippi when you have to lookup grappling to see if it's anything like grabbling.  FYI, it's not.

Yeah, if you drop your gun in the grabbling here in Alabama you'll earn a DQ.

And those tar and grabble streets were hell on your knees when you took a spill off your bike. Grabble doesn't scrape, it gouges chunks.

Got to hand it to UA, they have resurrected the 100% polyester t-shirt with tactical colors and good marketing. The stuff has been around for years, at least since the early 80's. Last marketer to cash in was Nike with Dri-Fit. But UA has bumped the price up to new levels. Hurray for the free market.