Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Reach Reduction kit for Shadows

zeroryde

Then the reset will be shorter with either T1, T3 or T5 disco compared to the stock disco.

i can sell you the T5 disco if you want it. You can pm me if you’re interested.

Edited by George16

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

why not just buy only the trigger with the pre travel adjustment screw?

The reach reduction is very minimal, probably 1-2mm. Not worth it.

What the trigger is mainly an old style 85C with pre and over travel screws. I just drilled and tapped my stock Shadow 2 trigger for a pretravel screw prior to this RRK stuff. 

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had issues with light strikes? I had quite a few using CCI primers and a 11.5lb main spring on my accushadow 1. This was with the CZC kit and not the CGW. I swapped everything back for reliability but have some down time between my next big match and want to mess around with it again.

Any differences between the CZC and CGW kits? 

Options would be federal primers or maybe a 13lb mainspring if I really wanted the reach kit.

16 minutes ago, Fantom919 said:

Has anyone had issues with light strikes? I had quite a few using CCI primers and a 11.5lb main spring on my accushadow 1. This was with the CZC kit and not the CGW. I swapped everything back for reliability but have some down time between my next big match and want to mess around with it again.

Any differences between the CZC and CGW kits? 

Options would be federal primers or maybe a 13lb mainspring if I really wanted the reach kit.

That’s a reasonable expectation with CCI and 11# mainspring. Try loading primers deeper and going 12# mainspring or up to 13#.

17 minutes ago, eerw said:

That’s a reasonable expectation with CCI and 11# mainspring. Try loading primers deeper and going 12# mainspring or up to 13#.

Thanks Stuart! I'll try the czc 13lb spring and swe how it goes. 

I don’t have any problems using CCI primers on my shadow 2 with 11.5# hammer spring, extended firing pin and reduced power firing pin spring. 

I do make sure the primers are seated very well. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gryff said:

Anybody know if the RRK forces you to use Federal primers in your ammo? Or are the harder primers like CCI still viable?

I highly doubt it.  I would say reliable ignition is mostly based on your firing pin length (extended or not), the firing pin spring (reduced or factory), and hammer spring.

5 hours ago, cjfung10 said:

I highly doubt it.  I would say reliable ignition is mostly based on your firing pin length (extended or not), the firing pin spring (reduced or factory), and hammer spring.

12 minutes ago, Wrecks said:

Has no effect.

Happy answers. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 9:07 PM, WxGuy said:

Copied from another CZ forum..................from CGW

The good news - all the new Shadow 2 Reach Reduction parts are in!  

The not so good news - we had a perfect storm today, the largest CZ-USA order we have ever placed arrived today along with a slew of other parts (the Shadow 2 RRK being one of those). 

We are setting up the new Shadow 2 RRK's in our accounting system and will should add them this weekend to the sebsite.  The part number for the Shadow 2 RRK is 75850 and will sell for $88.00.

As a side note, our new Shadow 2 (non-RRK) disconnectors were part of these orders.  We installed a few today in the shop and they dropped in perfectly with no fitting and the reset was as good as a hand fit disco.  Some Shadow 2's may require some very minor fitting, but it will be miniscule. 

All our 75800 and 758100 Shadow kits will get this new disco effective 5-14-18.  This will make upgrading the S-2 much easier. 

75800 with T3 or the T5?,and if I go with 75800 can I match this with the Old style Trigger, thanks