Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPP or RTS2

calvinc78

I have an RTS2 currently.  I went out and picked up a DPP so that I could compare them directly.  The DPP has an odd switching arrangement, the single switch is in front of the lens.  To adjust the brightness you must toggle up and down the settings while you finger is in front of the lens.  A bit cumbersome, but a not a huge deal.  The DPP was shorter and about the same width.  The steel guard on the outside made it seem a bit bulky, but very well protected.  The dot on the DPP seemed more orange to my eyes.  The RTS2 dot was more red to my eyes and easier to pick up.  The RTS2 switches seem to be slightly easier to use.  The lenses seemed to be about the same to me.  The RTS2 also seems to be less bulky and presents an easier to process sight picture.

I returned the DPP and got a second RTS2.  I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got a DPP slide mounted on my carry optics Q5 match. It has the triangle dot 7moa and has been excellent thus far after about 3 months and about 15 matches and dry fire during the week. I just received an RTS2 (directly fromC-more) for my new Match Master open gun and will report back on it with any issues.

If you have concerns about battery life with either sight, just change the battery before every match, and use that one for practice until the next match. I buy in bulk (50 at a time) from https://www.batteryjunction.com/cr2032.html for $0.65 each and always look for the frequent 10+% discount on everything to reduce the price even further. They usually come 5 to a card and you can always share with your fellow shooters when they are in need! At that price, you are only looking at the equivalent of 5 or 6 rounds of reloaded ammo. 

For the record, I leave my RTS2 sights on for the entire match and only turn it off at the end of the day. And, I have had issues with older RTS2 sights but the V4s seems to be OK, for me at least.

10 hours ago, Fowlmouths said:

The R3 just isn't bright enouh.

20180227_052334.jpg

I found this off of another thread on here, R3 next to a slide ride which is well many consider to be plenty bright enough. The R3 destroys it in brightness next to it. Your picture does show a good amount of difference however. 

BF900F2C-138F-4D2F-A8E1-0C59BF88E88B.jpeg

I have found with my Romeo 3, I do not have to turn it up all the way in bright full sun whereas I did have to with my c-more, so in my opinion, the Romeo is plenty bright enough.  One of those pictures posted just above look like some batteries need changing in my opinion.  

On 3/13/2018 at 8:27 AM, GetAwayDriva said:

I have found with my Romeo 3, I do not have to turn it up all the way in bright full sun whereas I did have to with my c-more, so in my opinion, the Romeo is plenty bright enough.  One of those pictures posted just above look like some batteries need changing in my opinion.  

Thanks for your input as this is what I have heard as well but no one near me runs one.

Ive got both and both work well. I have the RTS2 8MOA on my open guns, and a DPP 7.5 on my CO gun. Ultimately I prefer the larger dot to the triangle, but I have zero issues either way. 

I think it just comes down to preference. 

On 3/1/2018 at 9:48 PM, Garmil said:

What is that 2.5 moa dpp at 100 yards on max? 10-20 moa?

It's 2.5 MOA at 5 yards and 2.5 MOA at 100 yards, the dot size doesn't change.  Brightness may change what you initially perceive as size, but it is in fact the same size.

BTW, 2.5 MOA at 5 yards = roughly .13-ish inches at 5 yards, and would be about .2.6-ish inches at 100 yards.

8 minutes ago, bluedevil008 said:

It's 2.5 MOA at 5 yards and 2.5 MOA at 100 yards, the dot size doesn't change.  Brightness may change what you initially perceive as size, but it is in fact the same size.

BTW, 2.5 MOA at 5 yards = roughly .13-ish inches at 5 yards, and would be about .2.6-ish inches at 100 yards.

I think you're missing my point. I understand how dot size moa works.

What I'm saying is a 2.5 moa deltapoint on max brightness is definitely not 2.5 moa.

If the brightness flares the dot to a bigger size it's essentially that size in terms of function however you want to interpret it.

Look at the side by side above the Romeo 3 3 moa dot is maybe half the size of the dpp 2.5.

Edited by Garmil