Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

I bought one of Ralphs kits about a year ago, and have had tremendous results. I have finished 2nd in A class at all (3) of the Major matches I have shot this year (so far). It really is a superior trigger for the price.

But just this last week, my gun has started to double. It has only happened once each time, but it has happened THREE TIMES now. Once last Sunday at a club match, once yesterday at a State match, and once today at another club match.

I'm not sure where to begin replacing parts to fix this DANGEROUS ISSUE, but if I cant fix this problem I will have to stop using the trigger in my glock.

Does anyone know where to begin ???

Mine will do the same thing when it gets dirty.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, I don't think we have enough info to help diagnose the issue.

How many rounds have you fired since the mod?

Have you ever replaced the springs, or are they still the same ones with the kit?

If you have replaced springs, which ones and aprox how many rounds ago?

Any mods in addition to the trigger kit?

Have you ever replaced the striker?

Are there excessive or unusual wear marks on it from the safety plunger?

Have you cleaned your gun? :o:D

How many rounds have you fired since the mod? I dont know, maybe 5000.

Have you ever replaced the springs, or are they still the same ones with the kit? NO

If you have replaced springs, which ones and aprox how many rounds ago?

Any mods in addition to the trigger kit? NO

Have you ever replaced the striker? NO

Are there excessive or unusual wear marks on it from the safety plunger? I'll check

Have you cleaned your gun? Gun was detail stripped, and cleaned before shooting Indiana State Thursday night. Only shot 160 rounds there. Gun is not THAT dirty.

Maybe the rounded end of the trigger bar was polished a bit too much and you finally wore it down enough. I seem to remember someone saying that getting carried away on the surface that meets the connector could cause your problem. I'd try a different trigger bar.

I've been running Ralph's kit for a while now in my limited and production guns (well about most of it anyway) and the trigger pull seems to be getting lighter with time. I decided to take out his modified trigger bar because on my Glocks (2nd gen. frames) the trigger safety wouldn't always engage and that made me nervous. Running his striker spring, safety plunger and spring, and connector, it feels super light. I'd guess initially that it was around 3 pounds or a little over without his trigger bar. With usage and regular oiling with FP-10, I'd say it's in the neighborhood of 2.5 pounds with the stock trigger bar in my G22.

They usually take about 700-1k to get sorta "settled" but they will get a little lighter even over time. The biggest thing you will enjoy after maybe 8 or 10k is that the take up gets super smooth. If you ever get a chance, feel the trigger on Ralph's personal Limited gun. The take up is super super butter slick.

...... the trigger pull seems to be getting lighter with time

It sure does ............... mine is so super light, that my gun is DOUBLING! That's TOO light. I've only shot approx. 5000 rds through it since buying it. I'm worried it will go full-auto on me sometime soon.

Does anybody know how to get a-hold of this Ralph guy ??? I tried sending him an e-mail with the address shown on his web-page, but haven't heard back yet. :o

Does anybody know how to get a-hold of this Ralph guy ??? I tried sending him an e-mail with the address shown on his web-page, but haven't heard back yet. :o

I've had good luck getting him on the phone. His number is at the top of his web site.

Having sold 100+ kits for Ralph, I am aware of just one kit that doubled and the fix was a new connector. Another guy claimed a double, but in the end, the issue was the shooter riding the trigger and bouncing his finger. My experience has been, if a gun doubles, it doubles often; like every magazine.

Chris, what connector are you running? Did it come with your kit? I have connector here if you are wanting to give it a try.

As for contacting Ralph, e-mail is the best as he can reply from wherever he is.

Happy 4th,

Scott

Finally managed to get out and try new trigger.After cleaning, installing trigger kit and plastering in slide glide trigger breaks about 2lb 4ozs, slight creep on take-up but hoping that will right itself.managed about 400 rounds with not one problem and in conjunction with new TFO foresight I was flying(BTW Tfo foresight will work with factory adjustable

rearsight).Open shooters who tried my Glock were very impressed, one even saying that he would consider a Glock now for SD.

The Future looks Bright. :D

When October rolls around i will have had my #2lb drop-in trigger kit for a year and i can not say enough about how pleased i am with it. I have had a issue with the firing pin spring but Ralph quickly helped me out with it.

Ralph is good-to-go and very good with his after the sale service. I am very satisfied with his trigger kit.

Chris,

I do my own trigger work and I had the same problem this year. It doubled on me at a club match and at the SC sectional. Then it started tripling repeatedly so I had to do something about it (I had about 7000 rds and a lot of dry fire on it)...

I replaced the striker and that helped but didn't completely fix it. I also had to replace the trigger bar (cruciform) as well in order to get enough engagement. It would be helpful to get the orange armorers back plate so you can check the engagement surface. I don't know if Ralph has a *000 round guaranty or anything, but I'm sure he'll get you back up and running. You may find it easiest to just buy a new trigger kit, 100% reliability is worth a few bucks.

Regards,

Todd

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the kit, and there is a slight problem. Have any of you experienced the reset being too weak if the slide isn't quickly racked? If I just bring the slide back an inch or so to reset the trigger, it never resets far enough for the trigger safety to reset. Not a huge issue, since it seems to reset fully during actual full slide pulls (haven't shot the new trigger yet), but I'm wondering if it is typical.

Info: Gen 3 G35, all stock internals, full RS kit installed with RS connector. About 700 rounds through the gun.

H.

I just installed the kit, and there is a slight problem. Have any of you experienced the reset being too weak if the slide isn't quickly racked? If I just bring the slide back an inch or so to reset the trigger, it never resets far enough for the trigger safety to reset. Not a huge issue, since it seems to reset fully during actual full slide pulls (haven't shot the new trigger yet), but I'm wondering if it is typical

Don't know if it's typical, but I had the same problem with my 2nd gen. G22 and G17. Having the trigger safety impaired bothered me. Ralph offered to help get this working, but I ended up just taking out the trigger bar & spring and left the other parts in. It's light enough for me this way and I didn't feel like messing with it any further. I also had trouble in the G22 with it sometimes kicking the trigger safety out in such a way under full slide movement that the back of the safety would jam against the frame when pulling the trigger. I thought maybe these problems could just be my old frames. Anyway, Ralph was super friendly and helpful on the phone with me. Give him a shout and I'm sure he'll be happy to assist.

Edited by AustinMike

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine installed in my 34. WOW is all i can say. Huge difference. The take up is sooo smooth with a light crisp break. More than worth the money. Now i just need to get some rounds through it. Thanks Ralph!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I now have 1000 rounds through this trigger. My accuracy has improved tremendously, since i'm not fighting the trigger, as its very smooth and light. Fast double taps on close ups is a breeze now, as is the slower far targets. Best $65 i've ever spent for my 34.

• 3 weeks later...

after reading through 13 pages, i have come to the decision that the rs trigger kit is what im looking for. i do have a question before i make the purchase...

what connector are you guys using with the kit? i was thinking that purchasing the connector together with the trigger kit from ralph would be the best way to go, but i really wanted the trigger stop offered on the ghost rocket...

im looking for a light, crisp break, no mush... the parts are going into a g17, and will exclusively be used for steel matches...

thanks

My impression is that any 3.5 connector will do the trick. Polished up might make it a bit better, but doesn't make as big a difference as the rest of the kit from Ralph.

Mine feels the same with the stock 3.5 from my G35 (polished up by me), an unmodified Lightning Strike 3.5, and a very nicely slicked up 3.5 from CGR.

Kevin C.

• 2 weeks later...

After 7 pages of reading I am going to jump in as well... why not everyone else has right??? I purchased Ralph's drop in kit a few months back and upon inspection I was impressed with the workmanship of the parts. A few ideas that I had not thought of... and that is why I paid the$$! I pulled my own trigger kit out of my 35 and put in his... it was very nice and I am sure if you go from stock to his you will LOVE it! Personally I preferred the one I did - alum trigger from lightning strike stoned and polished with heavy trigger spring, 31/2lb scherrer connector stoned & polished LWD overtravel stop, ti striker w/ reduced power spring, ti plunger w/ light spring & 2 coils cut off... plus 5-8k rounds. I will probably use his kit in my bone stock 17 if I want to run it...

Edited by DrKyle1

After 7 pages of reading I am going to jump in as well... why not everyone else has right??? I purchased Ralph's drop in kit a few months back and upon inspection I was impressed with the workmanship of the parts. A few ideas that I had not thought of... and that is why I paid the$$! I pulled my own trigger kit out of my 35 and put in his... it was very nice and I am sure if you go from stock to his you will LOVE it! Personally I preferred the one I did - alum trigger from lightning strike stoned and polished with heavy trigger spring, 31/2lb scherrer connector stoned & polished LWD overtravel stop, ti striker w/ reduced power spring, ti plunger w/ light spring & 2 coils cut off... plus 5-8k rounds. I will probably use his kit in my bone stock 17 if I want to run it...

That sounds great. However, for 60$ and no time spent working on the trigger, the RS kit is a pretty nice deal.

H.

I've been running this trigger in my G34 this year and love it. I'm guessing that I have about 5000 rds through it. Last night I was dryfiring, practicing for our state sectional match today, and I heard something inside the gun that didn't sound normal which turned out to be the trigger return spring breaking. That was a first for me but I have a handfull of factory ones laying around so I just installed one and called it good and I couldn't really tell the difference between the one that came with the trigger kit and the factory one, anwyay. A friend has one in his 35 and the same thing happened to his gun at a match last weekend. I happened to have my spare parts with and installed a factory spring for him.