Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

List The Best True Ambi PCCs and Parts Please (Lefties Unite!)

I'm a lefty and shopping for a true ambi PCC that has at least an ambi mag release

Last round bolt hold open would be nice too

I was going to get a complete JP GMR15 but that does not have ambi mag release

So far - Here's what I have found

CZ Scorpion Carbine $900 complete?

SIG MPX $1500 complete?

KE Arms (NO Uppers?) Complete lower with Free SLT1 Trigger $550

Gibbz  (No complete lowers, Side Charging uppers require special bolt) Rcvr Set price is $485

Please comment below with more and with any pros, cons, feedback and ideas and also what bolts and triggers to look for and which to avoid?

Considering building my own upper or going with a Taccom ULW complete upper for $500ish?

The Gibbz, while having a nice ambi release, uses a left side charging handle which is sorta clunky to use as a lefty.  If you go that route I would wait until their full LH upper is out (around a month last I checked).  Their receivers are very high quality.  

Edited by Neomet
Just now, Joeg26er said:

@edwin garcia interested in the details 

I used a 3/4" wide aluminum bar stock as the material for the extended paddle. Paddle has an inverted 'L' shape. Had to drill/tap the mag button to attach the paddle, i think i used 2, 8/32" X 1/2" aluminum machine screw. I may have built 4 prototypes to finally match the reach of my thumb without interfering with the other controls. One of the prototypes was short and took extra effort to reach. The current one is spot on.

I use radian raptor ambi charging handle. 

I don't have any great photos of mine, but I'm a lefty and shoot a Colt pattern PCC without any trouble. Ambi charging handle, norgon-style ambi mag release, and an ambi safety. I put it together for a cost that is negligibly-higher than a normal build. 

Here's a video of the last classifier I shot to show you how my reloads go: