Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

List The Best True Ambi PCCs and Parts Please (Lefties Unite!)

On 12/22/2017 at 7:48 PM, Joeg26er said:

@TISCHLJ please share your mpx setup? Round count? Weight? Any issues   Best sources of magazines? Tips?

Lancer/Sig CF buttstock, Lancer CF hg, cmore railway,  hiperfire 24c trigger, crimson trace laser, jp ambi safety, tti +10 base pads with x power springs. All mags sig/lancer .8500 rounds.You will have to search best deals on mags..changes always.mine is gen 2 carbine.

Edited by TISCHLJ
9 hours ago, Garmil said:

the fm products glock lower is ambi. primary arms just got them in stock

Just took a look at that. Not sure I like it. Would have to cover up that Shamrock. Just looks tacky

Wonder how it works with the Taccom upper....Anyone run this setup?

Just now, Joeg26er said:

Just took a look at that. Not sure I like it. Would have to cover up that Shamrock. Just looks tacky

Wonder how it works with the Taccom upper....Anyone run this setup?

Not very many lowers out in the wild yet.  The guys at fm may have tried it. If there were any issues I’m sure they would sort it out. Seem to have great customer service from what I’ve seen.

32 minutes ago, Joeg26er said:

Will the Taccom ULW upper work with an AR15 lower converted with a Hahn Precision 9mm loading block (colt / uzi mags)?

Should work fine; you don't even need their ramped barrel with Colt pattern mags.  If you *do* get the ramped barrel, it'd work best with Taccom's bolt, other bolts need some filing to work with the ramp.

But if you're building from scratch, not much reason to go with a magblock.  With a dedicated Colt lower you get less weight and a better magwell opening.

20 hours ago, Joeg26er said:

@RangerTrace

sounds interesting. Please post your build details ?

Built by Alamo Precision Rifles in Hurst.

Cross Machine and Tool Billet, Ambidextrous receiver

5.5" Yankee Hill barrel

Silencerco Octane9 supressor

Trjicon Mini ACOG sight

I went with the mag block lower so I could  convert this to another caliber if I wanted to.  It's unlikely though because I've got a 10.5" LWRC in 5.56 and an 8" 300BLK.

IMG_2938.jpg

15 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Built by Alamo Precision Rifles in Hurst.

Cross Machine and Tool Billet, Ambidextrous receiver

5.5" Yankee Hill barrel

Silencerco Octane9 supressor

Trjicon Mini ACOG sight

I went with the mag block lower so I could  convert this to another caliber if I wanted to.  It's unlikely though because I've got a 10.5" LWRC in 5.56 and an 8" 300BLK.

IMG_2938.jpg

@RangerTrace

Very nice

what mag block and upper 

bolt and buffer setup?

im between getting a mag block and taccom ULW upper 

or just going CZ scorpion carbine 

Been shooting a Tavor X95 converted to left hand since February, and it's a fantastic gun that's just a bit slow.  After 5 cases of ammo (19 locals and 2 majors) I'm switching out to an MPX (gun and a ton of parts were ordered yesterday - thanks year end bonus!)  The Tavor has been the most reliable gun at the match, weekend after weekend, and I've won more than few stages against guys and gals much faster than me when their guns stopped working.  It's very, very heavy, though, and the bullpup format doesn't transition as fast as a longer gun.  Being able to 'point' at the target with your off-hand way out on the handguard is faster than pointing with torso movement with the bullpup.  It's got a fair bit of jump, too... you can't really do anything with the unique (but still blowback) recoil system.  

Mine's switching to match backup and bedside defense.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 7:48 PM, Joeg26er said:

@TISCHLJ please share your mpx setup? Round count? Weight? Any issues   Best sources of magazines? Tips?

13.5" barrel with the standard Sig birdcage (Keymod Gen II carbine). Only mags that work are Sig Gen 2's. Two 30's assembled end to end hold 70+ rounds - never have to do a mag change in PCC match. First thing to do is replace Sig's FCG - I went with HyperFire 24C - after 3,500+ rounds, it started doubling - hammer/sear interface chewed up - Hyperfire gave me a new one- have about 1,500 rounds thru it. I reload using 115 gr XTreme Heavy Copper Plate. 4.7 grs. WSF ans S&B primers. Chrony at 1190 fps. Zeroed at 25 yds. 1 group at 25, 2 at 50, 3 at 75, and 4" at 100 yds. with no problem (YEMV). Have to use a firm hand seating the mag with the bolt closed. Soft shooting - no issues.