Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock III Carry Optics

PatriotDefense

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, Tictacticaltimmy said:

Wow! I'm amazed you can get an optic that deep in a Tanfo slide

Is the firing pin block and its channel totally intact?

Im fairly certain he designed a new one to work with this modification.

2 hours ago, Sc0 said:

So PD has a mill?

Perhaps mill the slide to fit the dot, and then modify something like a RDS cover from a CZ to fit for going back to irons?  

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/red-dot-mounting/rds-plate-fixed-sh-sight.html

(Able to D/T an S3 frame for a barricade shroud?)

That seems like it would be a decent way to cut back on R&D, only issue is I doubt that solution would be production-approved like the rear sight plate you linked is for CZ's

Would be interesting to see the cut w/o optic mounted, how it works with the firing pin channel

With regard to a plate to go back to production, practically speaking I don't think many will do that. Just use a dovetail mount if you are putting toes in water or unsure, then mill when you dive in. At this point with scarcity of milled slide Tanfos for CO,  I don't think there wouldn't be a problem quickly selling this and just getting stock slide if you wanted to go back :-)

Edited by trgt

21 hours ago, Ck867 said:

Why stock 3 instead of 2?

Pehaps to prove that he can: If you can get a Stock III undweight for carry optics then the lighter II should be no sweat.

More than likely, it’s simply because II’s are frequently out of stock everywhere these days, and III’s are simply easier to find.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, RGC said:

Yes, any?

Deliberating in a purchase of a Stock 2 or 3 ....owned and built up both, but the CO requirements have me leary on the S3.

I can tell you the Stock 1 from IFG is a very good option if you are willing to try it. I just got mine today and absolutely love the work PD did.  43.42 oz with a mag

DF5E0195-BF0E-40B5-8B7D-6AB7A09E4A97.jpeg

364F679C-ECF0-41F9-A05A-5DBE243C6867.jpeg