Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
LeviSS

Punisher on Netflix

I thought it was really good.  It's basically a 13 part movie.  I was unsure if I'd like it about 20 minutes in, but once it gets rolling, it's good.

John Bernthal (Shane from Walking Dead) does a great job.

I recommend it.

Some of the things he said during his promotion tour will make me not watch it. That whole calling for GC thing is kinda hard to swallow.

2 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

Some of the things he said during his promotion tour will make me not watch it. That whole calling for GC thing is kinda hard to swallow.

Damn... didn't see that.  That sucks, but I guess we're pretty limited on what we can watch if we bring politics into entertainment, unfortunately.  We'd be limited to listening to Ted Nugent and watching Jon Voight movies.

Normally I would agree but this one was a bit different. He wants the show to start a conversation about it, Not just his own personal beliefs.

Gotcha.  That sucks because he is a good actor and the shows good.  From my perspective, I didn't see them pushing any overtly anti-gun stuff, just lots of killing, as would be expected.  I wish celebrities didn't feel the need to get on their soap box all the time.

Like I said, I didn't see that, so my opinion may have been different if I had.

Edited by LeviSS

I have only seen the 1st episode, I figure this was the character building episode for those who don't know the Frank Castle story...  I figure it will get better in the upcoming episodes.

Not sure how I feel about this one in particular. I like the stories in the background but at the same time it took away a bit from the primary focus. I was trying to place the timeline also, seems like it is before the Iron Fist but not sure about Luke Cage.

I could have done without the whole Lewis (PTSD Vet / McVeigh Clone) storyline myself. 

On 11/22/2017 at 9:34 AM, LeviSS said:

I think it hits it's stride 3 or 4 episodes in.

I haven't watched it yet, but that is true for many series.

On 11/22/2017 at 11:34 AM, LeviSS said:

I think it hits it's stride 3 or 4 episodes in.

I was wondering because we have finished 3 or 4 episodes and have taken a break. Maybe we will give it another shot.

I really thought it started to take off more the more I watched it. Limited to what I like to watch on Netflix and I can say this is a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked it but I do agree it took some time to get rolling. I'm really hoping that this was more of a background/character build season and next season will pick up the action. Looking forward to it myself

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's interesting that the Punisher is also the "bad guy" in the second season of Daredevil, which I am really enjoying. 

5 minutes ago, benos said:

It's interesting that the Punisher is also the "bad guy" in the second season of Daredevil, which I am really enjoying. 

Punisher vs Daredevil was my favorite comic book crossover in the late 80's.  I was glad to see them bring Punisher into the DD series.

3 hours ago, benos said:

Now  that I've done the research... that's how it works in the MCU.

And what a difference between the series and the Thomas Jane movie from a ways back.  Really enjoyed the series and the Daredevil episodes were good as well, (if not actually better). Maybe he'll sneak into a Jessica Jones episode or even save us from Iron Fist...

Anyone ever see the other Punisher movie? 2008 - Punisher: War Zone? I just came across it looking for more info.  I'll check it out myslef tonight or tomorrow I hope.  Article is at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3ddpz/the-best-punisher-movie-was-the-one-nobody-watched

Edited by lfine
sp, other movie

Warzone was very punisher-y...

Thomas Jane's punisher short that he did  as a pitch to get a second shot at the role was pretty good.

This is still on my to-watch list but I'm curious: what other Marvel Netflix shows do I need to have seen / would you recommend I watch before starting this? I've watched Luke Cage and just wrapped up Jessica Jones. I take it Daredevil is another? 

34 minutes ago, TaVikings said:

This is still on my to-watch list but I'm curious: what other Marvel Netflix shows do I need to have seen / would you recommend I watch before starting this? I've watched Luke Cage and just wrapped up Jessica Jones. I take it Daredevil is another? 

Daredevil introduces the character and they make references to things that happened on daredevil during the punisher. It's not necessary to watch but is a good idea. I personally didn't watch daredevil first but only because I didn't know.