Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA Trigger and Mag Recommendation

I am in the process of setting up a PSA for PCC and wondering what mag/extension setup and trigger everyone in running successfully just playing with PCC so don’t want to drop a fortune on equipment so the more cost effective the better don’t need the best money can buy just RELIABLE 

Edited by DVC502

The Hiperfire triggers are popular with PCC shooters. 

You did not indicate if the lower is for Glock style or Colt style magazines.  If it uses Glock magazines, a factory 33 round magazine with Dawson +5 basepad (will give you  36 + 1) is a good start and will get you through most stages if you plan to compete. 

I also carry a couple of Pmag 21 rd Glock mags for fast reloads on classifier stages.

21 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

The Hiperfire triggers are popular with PCC shooters. 

You did not indicate if the lower is for Glock style or Colt style magazines.  If it uses Glock magazines, a factory 33 round magazine with Dawson +5 basepad (will give you  36 + 1) is a good start and will get you through most stages if you plan to compete. 

I also carry a couple of Pmag 21 rd Glock mags for fast reloads on classifier stages.

+1 

Thanks ordered a Hiperfire trigger 

1 more question what size mags should I run was thinking 

1 big stick 

1 33 with plus 5

2 17 with plus 5 

and have have a few 30 rounds ETS for practice and backup am I missing anything 

Edited by DVC502
On 11/17/2017 at 7:17 PM, DVC502 said:

I am in the process of setting up a PSA for PCC and wondering what mag/extension setup and trigger everyone in running successfully just playing with PCC so don’t want to drop a fortune on equipment so the more cost effective the better don’t need the best money can buy just RELIABLE 

Since you mention reliability make sure you get the Taccom Glock lower feedramp https://taccom3g.com/product/taccom-glock-lower-feedramp/

It's $20 worth of insurance against feeding issues... After I added it to mine I have had zero feeding issues.

3 hours ago, DVC502 said:

Thanks ordered a Hiperfire trigger 

1 big stick 

1 33 with plus 5

2 17 with plus 5 

and have have a few 30 rounds ETS for practice and backup am I missing anything 

I have 6 - 33 rd Glock factory mags with Dawson +5 extensions.  Load these up the night before the match and I'm good for at least six stages.

For those stages where I have a "senior moment", I carry two smaller magazines on my belt for reloads.  Typically they are Glock 17 rd mags with Dawson +5 extensions.  I had a bunch of Glock mags on hand long before I ever really considered PCC so no additional $$$ were hurt by this decision.

At the recommendation of forum members, I bought a couple of Pmag Glock 21 rd mags for mandatory reloads on classifiers.  I was a bit skeptical about this one but it turns out the harder and slicker magazine body does help speed up reloads.

If you start shooting some "outlaw" matches where the round count goes up, there are larger extesions and splices (combine two mags into one big mag) available.

Bill

Hello: Magazines I use, Taccom splice with a Factory 17 and 33 round mags together, Magpul 21 round mags, Glock 33rd, Glock 33 with TF +10, Glock with Arredondo +5/6 and Dawson base pad with Glock Factory magazines. I may get some Zev base pads if they were a little cheaper. For most stages I use a Glock 33 rd with a +5/6 base pad that gives me 36/37 rounds with no spring change. The Magpul mags reload very quick so I use those for classifiers or unloaded starts. Trigger I have been using a Hiperfire 24C or 3-gun. Both have been 100% in multiple PCC's. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, DVC502 said:

I have a 41 round (TF +10) and an MBX mega (57) mag as my primary mags. Typically I run the TF at 40 rounds during USPSA matches with round counts up to 36 and a few pieces of steel. I then have a couple of 27 round mags (TF+10) on my belt in case something bad happens. I just reload the big stick for the next stage. I use the 57 rounder if it's a high round count stage with lot's of steel at distance (texas stars, polish plate racks, etc.) or an outlaw match with high round counts.

For classifiers I have 3-4 smaller mags that I download appropriately and pretty much only use for COFs with mandatory reloads...

I now have over 15K rounds through my PSA.  I put in a Hiperfire 24C trigger and topped it with a  Holosun circle/dot sight.  My four mags are a 47 round MBX, a 41 round Taylor Freelance,  a stock Glock 33 rounder and a Magpul 17 rounder for classifier reloads.  The MBX and TF use stock Glock 33 round mags.  All have functioned at or very near 100%.

Edited by XD Niner

I run a total of three mags for PCC.  I have my big stick (TF extension) on the small of my back for loading, a 33 round (Oh shit) mag on my left hip (angled back like a limited mag) and a 19 round mag on my midline of my stomach angled left.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a PSA 9 with 16” barrel. I had a Geissele G2S trigger lying around so I swapped that in. Geissele told me I should not have a problem with the G2S or SSA. But not to run a SD3G. I’ve only run a couple of matches, but the trigger has been flawless. I like the 2 stage for longer shots and the reset is still short enough for hoser shots. The other advantage is Geissele runs with aftermarket safeties. I run an Elfman push button. It gives me a ambidextrous safety without a lever on both sides. 

All good advice.

I also do the Hiperfire 24C, with grey springs.

My preference for magazines are Glock 33 rounders with Taylor Freelance carbine extensions for stage work, and Glock 17 round mags for classifiers, where I have 2 on the belt, and 1 in the gun.

Unlike Flatland, whenever I have a "Senior Moment" I just go over to the nearest port-a-potty and change into a fresh pair of Depends. :lol:

Edited by MikieM