Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Extensions - a Vote for TF

I've used the TF +10s they work well. They required no modification to the magazines I use them in. They are enough for the average USPSA field course.

Though I am thinking about trying the MBX Minis, since they appear to be easier to take apart for cleaning.

I have a TF +10 on a factory Glock mag and a Taccom splice on a pair of ETS 31 rounders for 60+ capacity.  The TF mag has never had a malfunction is many months of matches.  The splice mag has not seen nearly as much action because it is pretty bulky and it is rare than I need more than 41 rounds to get through a stage.  

Disclaimer, I purchased both of my choices before the others were readily available, so it was not because I felt that they were better than what is currently available.  We have a LOT more options now, than when I purchased my stuff.

The TF's are first class, that's for sure. I've got two of them and use them for practice.

I use the new MBX's for matches, however, because there's a bit more room for the spring (less stacking), and the window that lets you know when to stop stuffing ammo is handier than a pocket in a shirt. Gonna get me a couple of more.

My TF +10 for glock mags is also flawless although I only run it at 40 rounds. It's the delrin version, but I can't imagine damaging from a mag drop alone... (rarely need to do a mag change with 40 rounds anyway).

Like others I have added the MBX mega to my growing PCCmag collection, but haven't run it in match conditions yet... I agree that its good to have options.

4 hours ago, ChiefArmamentGroup said:

Granted I am not running Glock mags, I agree with the TF +10s for Colt style mags. I have one and it runs fine. Zero hiccups and very clean looking. 

Chris

Hi Chris.

What brand of Colt mags are you using? I tried to get the TF to work with my ASC mags, and they are a no go. Turns them into salt shakers.

I have both the RRA and the C-Products versions. Currently I am running the extension the RRA version with an extra power Glock spring due to its rounded angles. The spring I got from a close friend because the extension did not come with an extra power spring. I didn't know the one that I ordered from SC didn't come with the spring... just the extension. Works fine for me, even with 42 rounds loaded up. Hope that helps Big!

Chris 

I am glad everyone has had good luck with TF. I had purchased one for my Colt mags and it is useless.  I  even cleaned up the edges so the follower was not sticking, no luck. Had stronger springs, no luck. Put the mags back stock, flawless.  If anyone needs one for Colt mags , give me a shout. I will make it worth your while just to get rid of it. 

Troupe,

If it loads to capacity and then loses tension on the way out, you need to check the bottom of your mags and the top corners of the follower.  I know that the plastic Glock style mags often need beveling the bottom the mag body to allow the rounds to leave the base pad and enter the mag body smoothly.  Not totally sure how that adapts to the metal Colt style mags.  Maybe install the mag body onto the base pad with no spring or follower and then use a flashlight and long stick to check the transition.  If the base pad does not fit tight, maybe you need to open the mag bottom to match the base pad flange?

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have tried it all for one base pad extension.  Since my rifle is a SBR, I just went back to stock and my suppressed upper and it runs fine. I know shoot a MPX for the game.  Don't need the TF.  

Thanks again