Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G10 Grips

Drillbit

I have VZ grips on several of my 1911s. I felt like they were a good upgrade in terms of increasing grip on the gun. Really rough texture that makes the gun stay put in your hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TeedOff said:

I have VZ grips on several of my 1911s. I felt like they were a good upgrade in terms of increasing grip on the gun. Really rough texture that makes the gun stay put in your hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What he said.

My SA loaded target in 45 is still under legal weight with them.

grips.jpg

Edited by Eureka1911

I had issues making weight with the G10 grips on my 1911's. I took them off and hollowed out the inside of the grip panel. I was able to make weight that way. Just be careful and don't cut to deep, stay away from the edges, the G10 panels are very strong.

Jim

I have VZ Simonich Gunners on a Hardchrome Trojan 40. Dawson tooless guide rod and ICE magwell. With Wilson Combat mags it come in at 43.0 ounces. First time I saw 43.1 on a scale (Oregon State 2017) I had a heart attack. They kindly waited for it to settle at 43.0. But 45 1911s have a better chance to make weight.

As for the "grippiness", most of my friends call them cheese graters. I work blue collar so they don't bother me. But if your hands are on the softer side, I would recommend a lighter texture.

VZ grips look good, but even the aggressive grips don't hold up in hot, humid conditions.  We've replaced all our VZ grips with Pachmayr grips.  These do nothing for the bling of the gun, but they work.