Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon prices

Who has the best pricing for dillon presses. A friend got bit by the USPSA bug and is looking to get into a new dillon. I bought my 1050 from Brian years ago, he made it so easy, and the price was the best I found. How is Krackenpop been to deal with?

Who has the best pricing for dillon presses. A friend got bit by the USPSA bug and is looking to get into a new dillon. I bought my 1050 from Brian years ago, he made it so easy, and the price was the best I found. How is Krackenpop been to deal with?

Their site is harder than college algebra.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would suggest posting a WTB ad and getting one at a slight discount that way. I got my first 550 new. Bought my 650, 2nd 550 and 1050 used. Same Dillon quality and support with all 4.

3 hours ago, jdewberr said:

Lol good analogy... I tried to use them as BE recommended them after closing up his Dillon sales, but mainly use Dillon or Graf's or Extreme Reloading.  I'll check out Bobcat as well.  

Dillon prices are pretty much consistent across the board.  Best you will find is shipping deals or credits on their site but its like a weber grill doesn't matter where you get it as far as the price goes.  Kracken pop is almost exactly the same price as dillon. 

19 hours ago, jdewberr said:

Thanks for the input, after looking at their site I have to agree.

I was going to order from kracken pop until I realized the exact same order was about $15 cheaper direct from Dillon. I think the difference was in the shipping fees. Was also annoyed that kracken advertised free shipping on presses BUT only if you're buying just a press. When you decide to spend more money for a package deal (weekend warrior ) they charge shipping on the whole package. Seemed a little backwards to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

On 8/13/2017 at 4:02 PM, camaross400 said:

However, I am interested in this thread. I am looking for toolheads and conversion kits at a discounted price so I can begin loading large primer stuff on my 1050 instead of my second press (lnl).

I've had luck purchasing tool heads from that auction site.  Conversion kits I get directly from Dillon.  If you have a few calibers already, it may make sense to use the Dillon spreadsheet that shows you the specific part numbers for each conversion.   You may find that you don't need all of the parts in a specific conversion kit, just buy those specific part numbers you need.

I've had luck purchasing tool heads from that auction site.  Conversion kits I get directly from Dillon.  If you have a few calibers already, it may make sense to use the Dillon spreadsheet that shows you the specific part numbers for each conversion.   You may find that you don't need all of the parts in a specific conversion kit, just buy those specific part numbers you need.

Do you have a link to the auction site you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/13/2017 at 3:47 PM, warpspeed said:

Bobcat Armament / Bobcat Steel   ; https://www.facebook.com/BobcatArmament/

IMHO,  Kimball Bowden is the new Brian Enos of Dillon Dealers. Call - easy to talk to, no pressure, etc.

7 hours ago, B21 said:

^^^^^

This.  Kimball is very good to deal with.  

I checked out the FB page and the Store URL... no Dillon product listed.  So you have to call to order Dillon it appears?

5 hours ago, 78Staff said:

I checked out the FB page and the Store URL... no Dillon product listed.  So you have to call to order Dillon it appears?

Call or message him on Facebook.  

On 8/13/2017 at 5:37 PM, Edge40 said:

Dillon prices are pretty much consistent across the board.  Best you will find is shipping deals or credits on their site but its like a weber grill doesn't matter where you get it as far as the price goes.  Kracken pop is almost exactly the same price as dillon. 

True. Pretty sure Dillon requires set pricing. One of the biggest rip off gun stores around here sells Dillon stuff at the same exact price as Dillon does.