Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else try the new grips for shadows?

SoCalShooter69

I had a pair of Hennings on my Tanfo and they're really really nice grips. My favorites... as long as you don't want a palmswell, which I find that I do.

Also, Henning doesn't carve a thumb groove into his grips on the lefty side of the gun, and since I'm left handed, that was a sour discovery. His grips are asymmetrical.

But the aesthetics and contour of the Hennings are flattering as hell. Beautiful machine work.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 8/7/2017 at 8:29 AM, tattooo said:

How are these grips in comparison to the scale grips ? Scales look like you need gloves to not cheese grate your palms where these look grippy yet comfortable.

FWIW I have the Scales 2.0 many CZs, am not a tradesman (not leather hands) and I do not get blisters from scales grips - they are fine. I find their width (patterened after STI 2011) to help keep pistol indexed straight vs thin CZ grips. Will be interesting to try these new ones to see if they have that same benefit, it looks like they might from their width.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:29 AM, tattooo said:

How are these grips in comparison to the scale grips ? Scales look like you need gloves to not cheese grate your palms where these look grippy yet comfortable.

I had the Scales 2.0 (with the extra teeth milled in) and I still wound up hand-checkering the front and rear edges of the grips to get them to have enough grip.

Scales aren't incredibly cruel or grippy.