Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer pickup tube stand

I got tired of just my sticking loaded pickup tubes in a jar, bumping the jar (actually an empty Jif peanut butter jar), having them fall out, etc. So, started thinking about how I could fix this issue. Went to BassPro, looking for the small rubber things that hold fishing rods at the ends of the rods - struck out, went to archery department,  looking for quiver parts - struck out again. Then I remembered that I had some old quiver parts at home in a junk drawer. So, a piece of 1" wide x 1/8" thick aluminum flat bar, a small piece of western red cedar,  5 small countersunk screws, 45 minutes in the 110 degree shop, and this is what I came up with. Holds them absolutely securely now. All I have to do is mount it to my bench.

20170704_143841.jpg

20170704_143821.jpg

20170704_143812.jpg

That's nice. I may steal that idea? I took a piece aluminum sheet and cut a 3x8 in piece and bent it at a 90. Cut out 10 slots in it and screwed it to my wall. Pretty clean for when I am loading. But this is perfect for storing when not using. 

I wrapped my tubes with a piece of fuzzy half Velcro. Put a strip of other half Velcro on a nice oak board and mounted to the wall. 

I did the same, here they are all loaded up and ready to go!
4e7c0cb599da6d94a8f27e7f1da69b13.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 7/6/2017 at 5:52 PM, 858 said:

I have an inline fab prime tube rack mounted to my case feeder. I can put 1k primers loaded in tubes on the rack. 

https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/dillon/products/primer-tube-rack-case-feeder-mount-style

thats what i use too. i mounted mine elsewhere, but nice piece. i do like seeing some of the other idea's though.

12 hours ago, lefty o said:

thats what i use too. i mounted mine elsewhere, but nice piece. i do like seeing some of the other idea's though.

I also like that you can hang the low primmer warning rod on it when you cover up the press with the Dillon cover. 

On Tuesday, July 04, 2017 at 3:00 PM, GrumpyOne said:

I got tired of just my sticking loaded pickup tubes in a jar, bumping the jar (actually an empty Jif peanut butter jar), having them fall out, etc. So, started thinking about how I could fix this issue. Went to BassPro, looking for the small rubber things that hold fishing rods at the ends of the rods - struck out, went to archery department,  looking for quiver parts - struck out again. Then I remembered that I had some old quiver parts at home in a junk drawer. So, a piece of 1" wide x 1/8" thick aluminum flat bar, a small piece of western red cedar,  5 small countersunk screws, 45 minutes in the 110 degree shop, and this is what I came up with. Holds them absolutely securely now. All I have to do is mount it to my bench.

20170704_143841.jpg

20170704_143821.jpg

20170704_143812.jpg

+1