Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo getting hung up in Bladetech

LeviSS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, ClintMorris said:

Ok thanks, with the boss being the original, giving more support, and $10 cheaper I'll go that route on my next monthly order from BSPS. 

Can't go wrong with the BOSS, when I switched to that from the old Blade-Tech DOH setup, it made a noticeable improvement in my draw.

Well shut my mouth and apologies to all. My Stock II hung up big time at the range today in the Blade-tech. 

Like Memphis said, if you don't make the draw completely vertical it can hang. Not every time, mind you, but enough to be unsettling.

If, when making the draw, I would inadvertently rotate the butt toward the outside it would hang. If I kept it centered, or held toward the inside, everything was fine.

Not to worry though. I will be calling RHT tomorrow to place an order. 

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

If you do it from the website, just add "drill for BOSS hanger" in the comments field.

The BOSS uses the same hole pattern as the blade tech DOH and tek-lok

Thanks. I use the Boss, yes.

I think I'll give them a call and see about some cool artwork to go on it.

13 hours ago, MikieM said:

Well shut my mouth and apologies to all. My Stock II hung up big time at the range today in the Blade-tech. 

Like Memphis said, if you don't make the draw completely vertical it can hang. Not every time, mind you, but enough to be unsettling.

If, when making the draw, I would inadvertently rotate the butt toward the outside it would hang. If I kept it centered, or held toward the inside, everything was fine.

Not to worry though. I will be calling RHT tomorrow to place an order. 

"Doc, it hurts when I do this!"

"Don't do that."

Kidding.

Wondering about a couple things.

Anyone tried to fix the BT with a bit of filing?

Anybody tried the single layer RHT? 

7 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

"Doc, it hurts when I do this!"

"Don't do that."

Kidding.

Wondering about a couple things.

Anyone tried to fix the BT with a bit of filing?

Anybody tried the single layer RHT? 

I have a single layer rht it works great I ordered one a couple years back when hemming used to sale them on his site. 

Why mess with 2nd best? Single layer will flex more than double layer. The cost is only marginally greater, but the performance is lots greater. Just my opinion having gone from BT to the double layer RH.

4 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Why mess with 2nd best? Single layer will flex more than double layer. The cost is only marginally greater, but the performance is lots greater. Just my opinion having gone from BT to the double layer RH.

I'm thinking that it might be easier to get a better fit with single layer, I do not know that to be true (use both double layer RHT's and BT depending on what I'm shooting) but flex is something I never notice at the range and fit is something I frequently notice. 

Got my RHT holster yesterday, much less floppy than my old bladetech. Originally I ordered a Comp-tac for my SIII, but the holster was for the older model with a smaller dust cover. Anyway, this one seems less susceptible to binding. I'll do some dry fire with it this weekend and run it in a match on Sunday.

The gun will sort of rock around inside this holster, but still has good retention. If you crank down the trigger guard enough to stop it, then it is extremely difficult to remove. Never had a kydex holster fit quite like this one, but will give it a shot.

I just bought a black holster with a gun-metal grey interior for my Stock II Xtreme.

He's got one ready to go for the Stock II with a red interior and skulls on the outside. Probably more suited for the younger shooters out there.

4 minutes ago, CarlB86 said:

Got my RHT holster yesterday, much less floppy than my old bladetech. 

The gun will sort of rock around inside this holster, but still has good retention. If you crank down the trigger guard enough to stop it, then it is extremely difficult to remove. Never had a kydex holster fit quite like this one, but will give it a shot.

I don't care if it rocks and rolls. Just as long as it doesn't hang the gun. ;) 

56 minutes ago, MikieM said:

I don't care if it rocks and rolls. Just as long as it doesn't hang the gun. ;) 

My thoughts exactly. Will get to test it out this weekend. *fingers crossed*

2 hours ago, CarlB86 said:

My thoughts exactly. Will get to test it out this weekend. *fingers crossed*

Be sure and report back on it's performance. Smoothness, weight, tension adjustment (good, or bad), etc.  

Thanks, Mike.

Also, let me know if the chicks dig it. :rolleyes:

While the RHT a great improvement there is still a break in period so give it a couple of dry-fire sessions.  Mine had a few hitches at first but then my sharp edged Tanfo quickly ate it's way into a perfect fit. 

15 minutes ago, NWfront said:

While the RHT a great improvement there is still a break in period so give it a couple of dry-fire sessions.  Mine had a few hitches at first but then my sharp edged Tanfo quickly ate it's way into a perfect fit. 

There you go. The Tanfo's chew up everything, including the competition. :lol:

On 7/7/2017 at 10:50 AM, MikieM said:

Be sure and report back on it's performance. Smoothness, weight, tension adjustment (good, or bad), etc.  

Thanks, Mike.

Also, let me know if the chicks dig it. :rolleyes:

Well, things went way way better than my thin bladetech that binds on me.

First I did a lot of dry fire draws until it stopped removing kydex. The gun basically cut it's way in.

The gun does rock around a bit in the holster, but the retention on the trigger guard is good enough it won't shake out.

I've always had a problems with the bladetech if my draw wasn't perfectly straight up and down with the body. Angle side angle would cause it to seize.

Today I shot the classifier "six" which is a turn and shoot. I'd actually been missing promotion due to having draw problems on classifiers. Not today! Gun came right out and smooth. Looks like I'll move up classes on Tuesday's update. Unless they throw it out for being too high of a percentage. :-(

Obviously the holster body didn't promote me, but it has been completely consistent the past two days of dry fire and the one match.

In the future I'll probably only order RHT body's. Maybe Comp-tac, as I've always had success with them too. I'll never buy another bladetech and actually ordered a Comp-tac body first, but it didn't fit the newer SIII dust cover and had to exchange it for the bladetech.

2 hours ago, CarlB86 said:

Well, things went way way better than my thin bladetech that binds on me.

First I did a lot of dry fire draws until it stopped removing kydex. The gun basically cut it's way in.

The gun does rock around a bit in the holster, but the retention on the trigger guard is good enough it won't shake out.

I've always had a problems with the bladetech if my draw wasn't perfectly straight up and down with the body. Angle side angle would cause it to seize.

Today I shot the classifier "six" which is a turn and shoot. I'd actually been missing promotion due to having draw problems on classifiers. Not today! Gun came right out and smooth. Looks like I'll move up classes on Tuesday's update. Unless they throw it out for being too high of a percentage. :-(

Obviously the holster body didn't promote me, but it has been completely consistent the past two days of dry fire and the one match.

In the future I'll probably only order RHT body's. Maybe Comp-tac, as I've always had success with them too. I'll never buy another bladetech and actually ordered a Comp-tac body first, but it didn't fit the newer SIII dust cover and had to exchange it for the bladetech.

Good news. Way to go, moving up in class. I'm looking forward to mine.

But my God, man. What about the chicks? :lol: