Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

22 hours ago, rowdyb said:

i shoot a 147 grain bullet over 3.10 titegroup if that matters.

i am at 11# recoil spring from czc and a 13# main spring from czc as well (with some modification that makes it more like the 11.5# from cgw)

here https://czcustom.com/cz-75-85-sp01-spring-recoil-full-11-lb-x-1.html

and here https://czcustom.com/cz-75-85-sp01-spring-main-hammer-13-lb-x-1.html

recoil springs of 10 or 13 lbs were tried. i didn't like the timing of follow up shots with either or how they felt with my grip. all personal and subjective.

main spring, i like running my internals all from one source as much as possible. if i ran cgw i'd run all cgw stuff inside. i run czc so i run czc parts inside as much as possible. a 13# main spring will always work, always light primers off and always have sufficient hammer speed. it also helps with slowing the slide a bit during recoil as the slide/hammer/spring all work together. (and I have a personal distaste for super light main springs as i think they're a crutch for poor technique of the double action on a shooter's part)

Thanks for the info.

I'm in the process of switching from a 124gr over 3.9 of titegroup to a 147gr over 3.2 of titegroup (will switch after Area 3).  Good to know you like those weights with that round.

I presently have a CZC with a few CGW parts that I swapped in it.  I have no complaints with anything either company puts out... that's just the recipe that is working for me.  I will add that I have my 2nd Shadow 2 on the way soon from CGW... looking forward to that to see how nice and smooth they can get it since it will be a "100% CGW build".

I tried the 11.5 CGW mainspring for a little bit before also switching the firing pin spring to their reduced power spring (had the czc one in though) and I averaged about 2 light strikes per 100 rounds.  After switching to their reduced power firing pin spring I have had 0 light strikes over roughly 4500 rounds.  Definitely agree with the comment about super light being a crutch.  My DA shooting is solid and was with an 8# trigger, though my follow up technique needs continuous work, but those are single action. ;)  

Edited by MrT_shootsAcz
info added

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two Shadow 2s. Both are identical and both have 11# main springs along with the extended FPs and the reduced power FP Springs. I have shot 12K rd through both guns. Mostly S&B, CCI, and Winchester primers @132 PF.  No light strikes whatsoever. That actually was not the case with my accushadow and shadow before. I used to run 13# in my practice gun and 11# in my match gun using Federal primers only in my match gun to prevent the light strikes.

Also I actually switched to 124gr bullets from 147gr that I was shooting through my Accushadow. I really like 124g over the 147gr now because 147gr feels sluggish. I also feel that I can track the sights with 124g better (Especially shooting something like a Bill Drill at 25yds). Yesterday I shot some 147gr through my old shadow (Trying to set it up for CO) and just reaffirmed that. 

For everyone trying to get the disco thing down.

There is no magical disco, even if you mill one out. The whole point of a disco is to take up the "slop," if you will, of the action in relation to pre-travel and reset as it pertains to the specific hammer you are running. If you so choose, you can re-profile the hammer hooks on a comp or czc hammer. Couple that with a sear that you also match to the hammer hooks and it will break and reset just as good or better than a 1911. 

If you get a T3, you should only have to fit the single action. If the double action doesn't drop, check your over-travel screw. If all systems are go and it still won't drop in DA, go back and do a really thorough job polishing the area where the DA wing of the disco sits on the trigger bar. A cone shaped dremel polishing head does a good job. Also, a thorough polishing job helps as well.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

Haven't had a light strike using the CGW 11.5# hammer spring yet. DA/SA = 6.5/1.75#.  Only using Feds right now though.  Will pick up some Wins soon for testing/practice and to save the Feds for matches.  

I have two Shadow 2s. Both are set up identically with 11.5# main springs. I have around 17K through both guns. I used S&B (A lot) , Winchester, CCI, and (some ) Federal primers. No light strikes at all so far. 

I have two S2s also.  One is my practice gun (11.5 lb) and the other is my match gun (8.5lb).  I've never had a light primer stick with my match gun using Federals.  I've had a few light strikes with my practice gun with various brands of primers, but only a few.

in  ours shooting club  2 shooters install the lite spring for 5.5 l da. with 11.5 main spring  in shadow2.

one never don't  has  any lite strikes and the other has 1 mf for every 150 r wit hard primers only.

but now they can't enjoy  because both of them cracked frames.

*5F34711D050E*5F34711DC65E

Edited by yigal

thank u. yes its 4 pic. 2 with shadow -2   with broken frame and 2 with cracks in same place.
but i can see it .
don't know why others don't.
Because it's an email attachment, and not uploaded to the forum, or hosted by a photo sharing site.

b190072c29b96aa8b66a3fc312d144c2.jpg

46 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

#douchemove

ita obvious English isn't the posters 1st language, no need to be a wank

Is it being a wank or being a wanker?

Curious, not intentionally being a tosser. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

On 9/25/2017 at 4:19 PM, MissionaryMike said:

Haven't had a light strike using the CGW 11.5# hammer spring yet. DA/SA = 6.5/1.75#.  Only using Feds right now though.  Will pick up some Wins soon for testing/practice and to save the Feds for matches.  

Geez, if you're using Feds, switch to 8.5#!

I can shoot all primers with my 11.5# spring.