Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Vanniek71 said:

And I run the 8.5# spring in my Shadow 2 and Federals play just fine.

How many rounds have you done through the 8.5#? How many of those had light strikes? 

The 8.5 sounds nice when I switch to my S2s (they're currently using 11.5s, which i'm fine with), but I wouldn't accept even a single light strike in my match gun.

6 minutes ago, Sliv2 said:

How many rounds have you done through the 8.5#? How many of those had light strikes? 

The 8.5 sounds nice when I switch to my S2s (they're currently using 11.5s, which i'm fine with), but I wouldn't accept even a single light strike in my match gun.

5-600? No light strikes with Federals. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2017 at 1:48 PM, rowdyb said:

Well I decided to try out the whole 10x bushing thing in the Shadow 2. I did it this morning and it did make a measurable decrease in my group size at 25 yards. Both off hand and rested. If i had a rear sight I liked a little better I'd say I could shoot groups like my Accu.......

Bold talk.

Thanks for the info on this.  I’ve been going back and forth about getting one.  Just picked one up from Cajun from thier Black Friday sale.  

On 5/3/2017 at 12:45 PM, cheby said:

I am little puzzled with your guys reports on shooting groups with Shadow 2. I have done a LOT (at least 5K rounds) of group shooting with various accu-shadows, shadows, and now  shadow 2 for the last year or two. Frankly I do not see much difference between all of them. I always shoot groups unsupported; the group size varies depending of the day and ammo. It does take some time (For me) to get tuned and stay focused when I am shooting groups. I have shot 2" groups (5 shots) at 25 yards with all of them many times after I warmed up. I also can keep all the shots in the A- zone at 50 yrds. The worst accuracy I get it is usually with Xtreme bullets. My coated loads (147gr  SNS and Blue Bullets) are usually more consistent. I also feel that 124gr are more accurate (Perhaps). New, unfamiliar, sights or trigger could affect the groups but after a while it all becomes very close. I never had a  ransom rest to test it properly though. 

If you can keep all hits within the A-zone at 50 yards on a USPSA target that would be some kind of world record.  

3 minutes ago, Judo said:

If you can keep all hits within the A-zone at 50 yards on a USPSA target that would be some kind of world record.  

I think you are confused about shooting groups and shooting points per second.

3 hours ago, Judo said:

No confusion on my part.  

Not even close a world record. People have shot groups at 200 yards free-hand (one handed) with fixed iron sights that have been less than the size of the A zone on a USPSA target.

6 hours ago, MHitchcock said:

Not even close a world record. People have shot groups at 200 yards free-hand (one handed) with fixed iron sights that have been less than the size of the A zone on a USPSA target.

friend send  few days ago movie  : shooting one hand his old gun after 40k.    4.5" plates  from 100m.    4 shots 3 hits  with  tan. lim pro with  iron s..;)

Edited by yigal

44 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

This guy could hit a barn swallow at 200 yards with a snub nosed 38 revolver while driving a fast moving car .

only  in the film.

i am not sure if he shot live ammo in his life ;)

every person has  a talent  in particular field.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:25 AM, MHitchcock said:

I’d love to see proof of that using a CZ Shadow 2.  Or from any other something typical that is used in USPSA.  To consistently hit an A-zone sized target at 200 yards.

After a few years of USPSA competition, I’ve found that many people are about half as good as they claim to be at groups or whatever else.  

It would be an interesting aiming challenge with a 0.1" wide or wider front sight and a square notch rear. I'm thinking the 0.1 would be about twice as wide as the entire target at 100 yards, guessing a bit. 

With something special, V notch and dot or whatever, perhaps that would make it a lot easier. 

2 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

It would be an interesting aiming challenge with a 0.1" wide or wider front sight and a square notch rear. I'm thinking the 0.1 would be about twice as wide as the entire target at 100 yards, guessing a bit. 

With something special, V notch and dot or whatever, perhaps that would make it a lot easier. 

for good olimpic shooters   it's not hard to do this.

2 hours ago, casarez said:

Olympic shooters shooting a USPSA built pistol (CZ, SIG, etc) or a custom bullseye one? I have my doubts too. I think those that could do it would be phenoms for sure at 200yds.

for this mission u need tight fitted  handgun with good quality barrel. 

try  cz 75  tight fit slide to frame with german made " peter stahl"  perfect fitted barrel. 

6 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I've got an A zone steel target at 100 before.  Did it 4 out of 5 shots.  Even had a buddy there to witness it. 

I've tried a few times to do it again but haven't been able to. 

That is actually less margin for error (6x11 vs 18x24) than the 200d yard shots in the video. Either way, plenty good enough for USPSA. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

3 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

That is actually less margin for error (6x11 vs 18x24) than the 200d yard shots in the video. Either way, plenty good enough for USPSA. 

Ok. I misspoke. My plate is 8" x 12" I think. 

Gotta know how to hold over. At 200 yds I bet you gotta hold 4 ft over.