Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titan Hammer on Limited Pro legal for IDPA SSP?

philippshen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, johnbu said:

I just saw the short dust cover!!

I also looked at the eaa 2017 catalog...not there either.

Guess winning uspsa 2016 nationals isn't good enough to keep it?

Can't imagine they're discontinuing the Lim Pro!  

I just sold mine so, I might have made a mistake?!........

Stock 2/3's are outselling Lim Pro's from what I can tell. Keeping them for the smallest segment of competition shooting, IDPA, aint worth the production costs.

Nearly everyone in USPSA has gone for Stock 2/3 guns and the Extreme versions overseas.

3 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Can't imagine they're discontinuing the Lim Pro!  

I just sold mine so, I might have made a mistake?!........

Sounds like a head slapping "Doh!" moment. 

tmp_9766-images-1639570891.jpg

Edited by johnbu

7 hours ago, johnbu said:

Hold out for the S4 ! Lol.

Well, as much as I loved the LP, I decided to stick with my Shadow this year. I'll probably end up trying the Shadow 2 before I go back to a tanfo. 

7 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Well, as much as I loved the LP, I decided to stick with my Shadow this year. I'll probably end up trying the Shadow 2 before I go back to a tanfo. 

Shadow2 looks identical to Stock 3, I wonder if it is really worth the extra dollar.

20 minutes ago, philippshen said:

Shadow2 looks identical to Stock 3, I wonder if it is really worth the extra dollar.

Multiple internal differences and the big one externally is grip size.  Is it worth the extra? I think that is all up to the individual.

23 minutes ago, philippshen said:

By all internet accounts, an out of the box comparison is apples to oranges.  The Shadow 2 is built race ready at a primo price.  The Stock 3 basically needs a complete overhaul, which ends up costing the same as the Shadow 2 out of the box.  To be fair, an out of the box Shadow 2 might need a bit more work to perform as good as an optimized Stock 3, but probably not that much.  And as mentioned, there are internal changes that could be seen as improvements.  

28 minutes ago, philippshen said:

It is if you're already set up with mags for the CZ. It takes the same mags as the shadow 1. 

Not mention the cost will be close to the same once you replace all the Stock 3 factory parts.  

Edited by B_RAD

39 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Multiple internal differences and the big one externally is grip size.  Is it worth the extra? I think that is all up to the individual.

33 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

By all internet accounts, an out of the box comparison is apples to oranges.  The Shadow 2 is built race ready at a primo price.  The Stock 3 basically needs a complete overhaul, which ends up costing the same as the Shadow 2 out of the box.  To be fair, an out of the box Shadow 2 might need a bit more work to perform as good as an optimized Stock 3, but probably not that much.  And as mentioned, there are internal changes that could be seen as improvements.  

33 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

It is if you're already set up with mags.  

Not mention the cost will be close to the same once you replace all the factory parts.  

Appreciate all the comments, now I'd like to give it a try if I can find one,

with that being said, I just made the switch from Glock to CZs (had S2 before, grip just too large for my small hand),  I need to shoot a lot more to fully appreciate the awesomeness of CZs:D

Yeah thinking about picking up another one myself before they get too stupid expensive or simply unavailable.  I'm thinking a Lim Pro in .40 will still be easier to find these days than one in 9mm.

Plus with all the duplicates and different parts I've bought with my first one, I think there will be enough to completely redo the internals on the second Lim Pro. 

Edited by V2plus25

On 2/22/2017 at 4:53 PM, JusticeOfToren said:

Not sure how Limited Pro thread got hijacked into Shadow 2... but I am also looking for a Limited Pro, since it's IDPA SSP legal with the Titan hammer!

How you figure the Titan is SSP legal?

How you figure the Titan is SSP legal?

Stock 3 extreme is now SSP legal (used to be illegal for its full dust cover but new rules removed that ), provided you use plastic grips and lightened guide rod, single sided safety etc.) to make weight.

Stock 3 extreme comes with Titan hammer and extreme DA trigger in 2017.

So both Titan hammer and extreme DA trigger are now SSP legal.

Did I miss anything?