Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

cheby, the only things you have to do are have the sear spring displaced out of the groove in the safety pin, and the safety retention detent on the left side of the frame pushed back all the way.  On one gun I just worked on, the safety retention detent wouldn't move all the way back, it was hanging on a burr in the frame, so I had to push on it at a different angle to get it to move full travel; then the safety came out.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, yigal said:

in most tso that i saw safety seats in light pressure inside the right side safety .

after u displace the sear spring leg from the groove light strike to left safety shaft  thru right safety  hole  will move  it from it place.

Thank you! That actually makes sense.  So to make sure i understood. Light tapping the right safety? 

12 minutes ago, cheby said:

Thank you! That actually makes sense.  So to make sure i understood. Light tapping the right safety? 

thru the hole on the shaft .

(cz fit left safety by hand to .r side safety  to make them solid fit . not like on shadow)

Edited by yigal

21 hours ago, yigal said:

thru the hole on the shaft .

(cz fit left safety by hand to .r side safety  to make them solid fit . not like on shadow)

Thank you, Yigal.

It worked. I love the shadow2 safety on the TSO 

1 hour ago, cheby said:

Thank you, Yigal.

It worked. I love the shadow2 safety on the TSO 

yes .this safety fit tso. but it too small for me. i have  one from club shooter that don't use shadow2  anymore :lol: 

i welded on mine  piece of metal  and checkered it after finish.

I am new here and just got a TSO .40. I wanted to mount an Ultradot Matchdot to the frame over the slide. Have been searching everywhere but haven’t found a solution. Any input or leads would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if it'll fit your dot but this mount should work. https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/multi-optic-side-scope-mount.html?___SID=U
I think I know of another one. I'll look and post if I find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Any advice for removing factory trigger pin? I can't get that trigger roll pin out. I'm whacking it with a legit hammer, but that 1/16th is not moving it. I'm punching from right side of frame to left

Edit: I had to use a little more umph .. problem solved 

Edited by Inkw8ll
Figured it out

I installed the CGW TS trigger pin on my TSO and it worked well. I have to use the red loctite that came with the trigger pin from CGW.

i also installed CZ Custom multi-optic side mount on my TSO along with a Romeo 1.

EEC36022-960_D-43_D2-_AFFA-_DF600_D8_B17

Edited by George16

Do the mags drop free from the factory on the ts orange or do you have to change the mag break spring?

A shooter today, his mags are not dropping free and seem to get held up about 3/4 the way out. Seems to be right around the mag catch hole in the mag, you can see where it has wear on it. 

Should he open the magwell area ever so slightly or is it as simple as the spring? The magwell needs to be blended anyways because the magwell has a gap on the rear and creates a shelf that can hang up the mags when reloading. 

Any ideas? 

Edited by Prov1x

All my factory mags drop freely from the gun. I haven’t experienced any problems relating to the mags not dropping freely.

Have him check the hole in the mags where it latches into the mag release. Make sure it’s not flared out because if it is, it’ll stick to the side and prevent the mag from dropping freely. If it is flared a little bit, he can Dremel it to make sure there’s no bulge on the side of the mag.

1 hour ago, Prov1x said:

Do the mags drop free from the factory on the ts orange or do you have to change the mag break spring?

A shooter today, his mags are not dropping free and seem to get held up about 3/4 the way out. Seems to be right around the mag catch hole in the mag, you can see where it has wear on it. 

Should he open the magwell area ever so slightly or is it as simple as the spring? The magwell needs to be blended anyways because the magwell has a gap on the rear and creates a shelf that can hang up the mags when reloading. 

Any ideas? 

Only time I have problems (when inserting the factory mags) is when I try to put 20 rounds in it. The magazine swells up or something. 19 rounds no problem.

2 hours ago, George16 said:

I installed the CGW TS trigger pin on my TSO and it worked well. I have to use the red loctite that came with the trigger pin from CGW.

i also installed CZ Custom multi-optic side mount on my TSO along with a Romeo 1.

EEC36022-960_D-43_D2-_AFFA-_DF600_D8_B17

Are you missing a screw or is that how it mounts?I ask because I have the same mount and it came with 1 long screw which I placed where you did and I was curious why they didn't including a 2nd.

There is a screw in the middle hole. I intentionally didn’t install the long screw and just put one long screw to hold the thumb rest. This to facilitate the easy removal of the thumb rest when removing the slide stop and slide from the frame for cleaning. There are three screws holding the mount altogether.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:27 PM, Inkw8ll said:

Are you missing a screw or is that how it mounts?I ask because I have the same mount and it came with 1 long screw which I placed where you did and I was curious why they didn't including a 2nd.

I saw this question and wanted to let you know I called CZ with the same question a few days ago. You only get 1 large screw with the mount because one of the holes requires a larger screw.... (cant remember why and doubt it matters). I believe they told me it was the hole closest to the slide stop. I don’t know why they don’t include 2 long screws....because if you want to put the thumb rest on over the mount you need two long screws....otherwise you have an empty hole with a short screw underneath it. They told me the long screw is called an M4X14. I found a bag of them on Amazon and put the thumb rest on. Worked great. I put my thumb rest all the way forward (unlike the pic above). Oh, if you dont want to buy the screw on Amazon, CZ told me to check Ace Hardware.....just let them know it’s an M4X14 screw.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:06 PM, Prov1x said:

Any ideas? 

I had this issue. The tubes have to be "tuned". I did it myself and it's worked flawlessly ever since.

Take a pair of pliers and gently press the long sides of the tubes in the middle area. Fill the tubes up and test. Are they still sticking? Has the sticking moved to a new place? Unload and squeeze some more.

I never used calipers or anything to try and make it more complicated than it had to be. Just hug them bad boys till they love you enough to drop.

Good luck.

The person that was having the issue removed just a tiny bit of material from the front part of the frame/magwell, corner to corner, and his problem was resolved. 

On 5/4/2018 at 1:42 PM, GaryOkie said:

I saw this question and wanted to let you know I called CZ with the same question a few days ago. You only get 1 large screw with the mount because one of the holes requires a larger screw.... (cant remember why and doubt it matters). I believe they told me it was the hole closest to the slide stop. I don’t know why they don’t include 2 long screws....because if you want to put the thumb rest on over the mount you need two long screws....otherwise you have an empty hole with a short screw underneath it. They told me the long screw is called an M4X14. I found a bag of them on Amazon and put the thumb rest on. Worked great. I put my thumb rest all the way forward (unlike the pic above). Oh, if you dont want to buy the screw on Amazon, CZ told me to check Ace Hardware.....just let them know it’s an M4X14 screw.

Yes, the long screw provided by CZC is to be used on the hole closest to the slide stop. I have a lot of metric screws as spares for my RC trucks to use for this application. I used to buy my screws from bolt depot.com by a box of a hundred. Just decided not to install another long screw on the middle hole so it’ll be quicker for me to remove the thumb rest and slide stop for removal of the slide for cleaning.

Any chance you know which vendor you ordered from on Amazon because what I got was too long and rounded head vs flat

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Inkw8ll said:

Any chance you know which vendor you ordered from on Amazon because what I got was too long and rounded head vs flat

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Pm me your address and I’ll send you some metric 12.9 hardness screws if you need any. Let me know.