Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hot Chic Goin' Faaaaaasssssstttttt!

3quartertime

Danica Patrick!!!

What a fun race today. First time in years I was really cheering for a driver. She didn't win but she made it really, really fun to listen to. ( In Indy the race is blacked out, so we have to listen on the radio)...

The 500 rules, and having a hot young babe makin' the speed is waaaaaaaayyy cool!!!

:D:P:rolleyes:

Yea - way kool. How about Mr R Gordon's comments about it being "unfair" and him boycotting the races she enters until something is done about her "unfair advantage" - IE: she weights 100 lbs and that it wrong and cheating - according to Mr. R Gordon..... He could be about 40 lbs more competitive if he just lost his gut and got down to his ideal weight.

Robbie Gordon has been and always will be a crybaby.

Danica is EXACTLY what the IRL needs... a great driver with boatloads of talent. She's MUCH more than just another "pretty face."

Rahal-Letterman racing has THE future of the IRL under contract.

Hope she kicks lots of Penske and Andretti-Green ass in the future !!!

At least there wasn't scene that they had a few years ago with Sara Fischer and Lynn St. James running into each other on the 3rd lap.

Robbie Gordon is a really good driver....off road. He has always whined in one way or another. But really though, the weight difference is a huge issue. F1 rules solve this problem by defining the weight being the weight of the car and driver less fuel.

Another female driver to look for in the future is Katherine Legge. She's racing in the Toyota Atlantic Series. She'll probably end up in Champ Cars in the future. She's by far the most aggressive driver in the series right now.

If I undersood things right, Danica was under a 1 year developmental contract. With Indy only being her 5th race and her having led both the Dual Rings race in Japan and Indy, Rahal was asked what he felt Danica would be doing next year when her contract expired. Rahal just smiled and commented that she was now under contract and would continue driving for him. The indication was that the developmental contract had been upgraded to a standard driver's contract.

Its great to see a young lady driver getting not only a ride, but a ride that has the power to let her compete.

I was so impressed by her post race interview.

-----------------------

Q: Danica, do you have any sense yet of the historical importance of what you accomplished? What does this mean for open-wheel racing and the IRL in general?

PATRICK: I don't know. I'm just racing. I don't know. It sounds so goober stupid, but I just don't think about it. I just don't think about it. I don't know if it's -- I don't know. I don't know why. I didn't even think that all the media stuff going on was that -- I wasn't getting overwhelmed, I was getting overwhelmed with the lack of time I had for myself, but all the coverage? I was your story.

-----------------------

Man! she is petite as me and kick ass big time and don't get bothered by pressure at all. What an inspiration!

I wish light-weight is the advantage in shooting :(

I wish light-weight is the advantage in shooting :(

You can move faster than the big guys :) Everything has pros and cons :) Work the weak points, enjoy the strong points :)

She's obviously a tough chick. Her future husband's got a spitfire on his hands :) I'll be interested to see what she does next year at Indy - she got bit a little by the "rookie chick" thing at that track (doesn't only affect chicks, but it seems to be 100% on 'em). Next year she's not likely to make rookie mistakes if she's still contending for anything, so.....

Oh, yeah - someone get her on road courses.... I get bored and dizzy watching ovals.... :lol:

She can drive but she took out 3 other racers during the restart.

I find it funny that men have done that hundreds, if not thousands of times over the history of motor sports and people think that is just part of it. Have a woman do it and suddenly she's...inept? <_<

I find it funny that men have done that hundreds, if not thousands of times over the history of motor sports and people think that is just part of it.  Have a woman do it and suddenly she's...inept?  <_<

Not inept - but it does seem to happen at a much higher frequency at the Indy track for the ladies than it does for the guys....

She can drive but she took out 3 other racers during the restart.

I find it funny that men have done that hundreds, if not thousands of times over the history of motor sports and people think that is just part of it. Have a woman do it and suddenly she's...inept? <_<

Ummmmmm...I didn't say she was inept, should we say she was overenthusiatic to mash on the *thumb rest [generic]* with a cold tires causing her back end to slide thereby taking out 3 other cars. What really irked me was the comment of her car owner......." No harm , No foul". That was pretty funny

Restarts are not fun for anyone, men and women. When F1 introduced the pace cars for cautions, all of a sudden the drivers realized the tires don't have any grip when they are cold. F1 drivers never drive on cold tires. New tires from the pits are preheated to 150 degrees F.

Back to Indy, restarts are big problems for any new drivers. You want to be fast out of the blocks when the green flag comes out, but you have to back it off before the first turn. The tires don't heat up for at least 2-3 laps. If you have a rookie up front, odds are a more experienced driver will pass the rookie in the first few laps.