Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats Angelica's Gun On Her Thigh?

There were movie posters all over the mall last weekend. I pointed it out to my husband and said, "Isn't it a b!tch when your cover gets blown because your gun fell out of your useless thigh holster?" He had the same reaction as HKsniperman..."What gun?"

Movie posters are notorious for bad guns. What she has is a chopped 1911, that has then been photoshopped to size to fit her thigh. (I almost lost my train of thought at "fit her thigh....") Notice Brad's? A left-handed 1911. How many of those have you seen?

The poster people flip photos side to side, they scale guns up and down, they do all sorts of ugly stuff. Anyone seen the cover of one of the Steven Segal movies, where he's packing an M-16 with an M-203 on it, slung over his leather trench coat? They scaled that one wrong. If the gun is correct in size then ol' Steve is about 5'2". If he's 6'4", then it is the worlds only M-16 in .338 Lapua Magnum with 70mm grenade launcher.

I'm anticipating lots and lots of really bad gun wrangling, which I'll overlook if we get to see the prop and costuming efforts at lingerie holsters. Hers, not his.

I forget what movie poster it was that I saw, but the gun was a horrible chop job of a 1911, a SiG, and a Smith (that big ass rear sight and safety at the rear of the slide were a dead giveaway). I was indignant to say the least.

My guess is a Colt 380 Mustang or Government Model.

If it were strapped on Brad's thigh, I wouldn't be looking at the gun or the inadequate holster either.  ;)

I second Reneet on the Colt .380. Nice mother of pearl grips though. Just the thing for a night on the town.

I've often wondered about dress guns. They intrigue me but it seems ludicrous to wear a shiny "show-me" piece concealed.

I do remember Leroy Thompson recommending a bodyguard wear a shiny nickel or SS pistol and another stealthy gun on the premise that the shiny gun was the one the bad guys would see and would not be as likely to notice you going for the primary (stealth) gun. :ph34r:

John

WARNING : Random thoughts above

I forget what movie poster it was that I saw, but the gun was a horrible chop job of a 1911, a SiG, and a Smith (that big ass rear sight and safety at the rear of the slide were a dead giveaway). I was indignant to say the least.

So this is the poster I was remembering. I saw it again tonight when I went and saw Revenge of the Thith. It's a SiG slide with the old Colt adjustable sight and a 1911 frame (with a crappy beavertail). The front sight is mounted on some sort of barrel weight that makes it look like a regular 1911. The slide, however, even has the takedown cut-out and the roll pin that goes cross-ways through the rear.

In other words, I'm still indignant and I was wrong about the Smith sight and safety.

If not the legs, at least the tats were cybernetically removed! I also think that's not the real profile of her backside... She's not so well rounded there.

She's very interesting to look at nonetheless!!

Am I PC or what? ;)

Interestingly, she doesn't have a gun on the large cardboard signage they have up in the local movie theaters. It would appear to be PS'ed in on the pic above - or PS'ed out on the cardboard signs, or something...

I haven't seen Angelina in person, so I can't comment on her "backside" - but, poses have a lot to do w/ what curves actually show up, too....

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like a couple years ago that somebody from the movie called me looking for a special CR speed holster to fit the gun Brad wanted to use in the movie. We didnt get into details because they wanted the holsters given to them. He called me since CR wouldnt make the holster for them and give them to them. Dont know why he called me. What was I going to do? I wasnt going to pay to have them made and give them the holsters. They wanted 12 or 15 of them. I still dont know what gun it is they were referring to. I guess thats the way they work, they dont want to pay for the stuff.

I wasnt going to pay to have them made and give them the holsters. They wanted 12 or 15 of them. I still dont know what gun it is they were referring to. I guess thats the way they work, they dont want to pay for the stuff.

Don't you know you're supposed to be grateful for the exposure and free advertising you'll get for the 3 seconds of screen time the product has? Oh yeah, and you get a listing in the credits that no one will read too!

The trick is to put a huge logo on it. Better yet, molded in so it's harder to remove. I worked for a place that did "special" models of their product for Hollywood (aka: "give us freebies!"). About the only thing different was the logo was 3 times bigger and they mostly didn't work for long.

Check out NFL football some Sunday when there's not a match. Motorola GAVE all the teams new headsets once they figured out how much the coach is on-screen. Probably by now they have to pay for the ad space :huh: