Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P 10 STRIKED FIRED ?

CZ85Combat

i like what they did and for what it is. from their stand point, what's a hugely popular gun that they don't have a good competitor to in the cz line. glock 19.

ok, let's make a gun to beat the g19. a good way to do that is look at what the g19 does 'wrong'. you read their ad copy for the p10 and this seems to be to be very much what they did. cz talks about grip feel, size and angle and basically calls glock a "block". then they talk about the real sights on the p10 versus the cheap crap plastic sights on a g19 that soo many loathe. myself included.

they attacked where you hands meet the gun and what your eyes see. so if they have  a simple gun, good price, attacks the weak points of the gold standard in the class and to top it off if it has a better trigger out of the box this is surely a big win for them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rowdyb said:

i like what they did and for what it is. from their stand point, what's a hugely popular gun that they don't have a good competitor to in the cz line. glock 19.

ok, let's make a gun to beat the g19. a good way to do that is look at what the g19 does 'wrong'. you read their ad copy for the p10 and this seems to be to be very much what they did. cz talks about grip feel, size and angle and basically calls glock a "block". then they talk about the real sights on the p10 versus the cheap crap plastic sights on a g19 that soo many loathe. myself included.

they attacked where you hands meet the gun and what your eyes see. so if they have  a simple gun, good price, attacks the weak points of the gold standard in the class and to top it off if it has a better trigger out of the box this is surely a big win for them.

Exactly!  They also attack the trigger. I think that this is good marketing and I hope they are wildly successful.  Just not sure if I want one yet.

5 hours ago, rowdyb said:

they talk about the real sights on the p10 versus the cheap crap plastic sights on a g19 that soo many loathe. myself included.

I actually think cheap crap plastic Glocks sights are the best! Because they cost next to nothing. Everybody can immediately dump them and easily install their favorite aftermarket sights which are available in all possible flavors. Sights are personal preference. I actually wish that all guns would come without any sights so I do not have to pay extra for the stock crap I would replace anyway...    

Edited by cheby

23 hours ago, CZ85Combat said:

the chamber will be short and people will have problems using SD ammo.

That's nonsense, but fairly representative of the misunderstanding of CZ chambers.  

The chamber will likely be cut to NATO specs like every other 9mm CZ pistols (and EAA/Tanfoglio, Walther, XD/XD(m)).    YES, that does mean their throats are a little shorter than 9mm barrels cut to SAAMI specs --  by a few hundredths of an inch.  This does NOT mean that people will have problems using SD ammo.  The models of commercially manufactured ammo that fail to work with CZ pistols are few and far between.   There is no general issue with 9mm CZ pistols and SD ammo.  I have a ShadowLine with a shorter-than-most throat that I can personally attest accommodates many of the major ones and several of the minor ones -- Hornady XTP, Critical Defense, Critical Duty, Gold Dot, Winchester PDX, Barnes TAC-XPD, and Nosler Defense in the last year.  I know from other people that Remington Golden Sabre, Winchester Ranger, and Federal HST work just fine, as well.  That's not every model of ammo on the shelves labeled defense,  but it's the big ones from the major manufacturers -- in the U.S. market anyway -- plus a couple of less common ones.  That's just what I can tell certainly works.  That's not the total list.  

If this or that boutique manufacturer manages to load certain SD loads too long because of their ignorance and inadequate testing, you may find problems in that arena, but as far as the major, common ammo manufacturers, there is no general problem with SD ammo.  

Edited by IDescribe

Just read the article in Guns and Ammo.  They are releasing the compact, then a semi-compact (shorter frame, compact length slide), then a full sized pistol.

I wondered why they didn't just make it optics ready, since that seems to be the thing to do... but then thought they'll probably release all these models, sell a bunch, then release an OR model and sell more.

10 hours ago, ArrDave said:

Stuart, how do you like it shooting?

I liked it.

it certainly isnt a CZ hammer pistol but it handling and shooting it, it didnt give me anything not to like about it.

The trigger was crisp for a striker gun. the trigger wasnt mushy. The sights are decent. I thought the grip texture was good ( it was sharp). the gun pointed just like my other CZs.

57 minutes ago, eerw said:

I liked it.

it certainly isnt a CZ hammer pistol but it handling and shooting it, it didnt give me anything not to like about it.

The trigger was crisp for a striker gun. the trigger wasnt mushy. The sights are decent. I thought the grip texture was good ( it was sharp). the gun pointed just like my other CZs.

Glad to hear you liked it. 

12 minutes ago, PRanta said:

P-10 C is rumored to hit shelves in Europe at 2018. USA might get them sooner.

What?  You guys get everything before us.  CZs Facebook page said they'll be trickling in in a month, in January.  I find it hard to believe it will be another year before you guys get them.

Another thing that I would like to see with a new gun is compatibility with holsters of other guns. If this gun were compatible with Glock (or M&P) holsters, that would be a major marketing advantage.

7 hours ago, Lior said:

Another thing that I would like to see with a new gun is compatibility with holsters of other guns. If this gun were compatible with Glock (or M&P) holsters, that would be a major marketing advantage.

It is compatible with G19 holsters.  I would assume the sub compact and full size models to come will be too.

Edited by LeviSS

21 hours ago, LeviSS said:

What?  You guys get everything before us.  CZs Facebook page said they'll be trickling in in a month, in January.  I find it hard to believe it will be another year before you guys get them.

P-10 C is mostly a carry gun. It is difficult in the EU to get a license for such use. I think CZ has much bigger market for this pistol in the USA.