Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 2011 Magazine Capacity (24+1 Anyone?)

IFlynn

I have 4 9MM SPS 140MM magzines with TTI 4G basepads that I get 24  reloadable every time. No voodoo needed, just stock guts and they fit the gauge. My 40 SPS also load 21 every time with the same treatment. I don't know, what the Spainiards do to get the capacity,  but they do do it well. 

18 hours ago, IFlynn said:

Has anyone figured out how to get 24+1 in a 140mm STI magazine yet? Would be great to get one more in the tube...

I have 4 MBX mags, none of them hold 24 "all day long." 23 reloadable, though.

I have 4 9MM SPS 140MM magzines with TTI 4G basepads that I get 24  reloadable every time. No voodoo needed, just stock guts and they fit the gauge. My 40 SPS also load 21 every time with the same treatment. I don't know, what the Spainiards do to get the capacity,  but they do do it well. 

I have one mag with the TTI 4g setup, but i dont think it is legal. I dont have a guage, but i did hit it with some calipers, and I was long about an 1/8 of an inch.

4 minutes ago, jliew08 said:

Just got some MBX 140mm 9mm mags and I can only cram 23 in and that's not reloadable.  Will being able to get 24 come with time or am I doing something wrong?

Have you been "packing" the rounds as per the video on their website?

On 10/28/2016 at 7:59 PM, bkjunk said:

I have one mag with the TTI 4g setup, but i dont think it is legal. I dont have a guage, but i did hit it with some calipers, and I was long about an 1/8 of an inch.

The mags fit the gauge, verified with an actual gauge, not calipers.

jlieu, the mag springs have to be "conditioned" first.  Fill the mags with as many rounds as you can now fit in and leave it that way for a week.  At the end of the week you should be able to put in an additional round.  One of my mags took two weeks of conditioning before it was reloadable at max capacity.

Yes the 7G basepads. Thanks for the correction.  The SPS 140mm tubes actually measure 134mm on the button. Adding the 7mm basepads takes you to 141mm with a .25mm cushion. I just tore apart a mag and double checked. 

I had it in my head a 137mm tube with 4mm basepad.

On 11/4/2016 at 2:05 AM, promtcy said:

Flash74, I thought you were using the 7G basepads on the SPS.

• 5 months later...

So at this point I'm venturing a guess that 24+1 is an impossibility? I've tried a variety of base pad and spring configurations, nothing will get me that last round in the tube. 

2 minutes ago, IFlynn said:

So at this point I'm venturing a guess that 24+1 is an impossibility? I've tried a variety of base pad and spring configurations, nothing will get me that last round in the tube. 

I have 2 140 STI tubes with Taran followers/springs/pads and get 24+1 with them.

I also have 10+ 140 MBX mags that all hold 24+1

1 minute ago, Maximis228 said:

I have 2 140 STI tubes with Taran followers/springs/pads and get 24+1 with them.

I also have 10+ 140 MBX mags that all hold 24+1

And they all fit the gauge?