Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Noble sport prima V, the best for 9???

Superpipe9

I do indeed. Adjusted to just barely kiss the sides of the case and fix any "Gauge failure" bulges that might be present, but I take the time to pull bullets when setting up a FCD to make sure it isn't affecting the size of the bullet, or crimping down into the coating. Most FCD issues come from having them set too aggressively.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 7:20 AM, Croomrider said:

Does anybody know it Prima-V is temperature sensitive?

My experience with PV, It's not Temp. sensitive.

I live in rainy NW Washington, I shot matches in very different Temp. location like UT, FL and IL. I have not experienced noticeable change in the Power factor

On 1/13/2017 at 5:45 PM, Bamboo said:

PV has it for $15.35 per 1.1 lb. container. 

When Grafs had the free Hazmat special that was a pretty decent deal, but without it if you are ordering more than about 8 bottles PV may be cheaper. 

Yea, I'm pretty bummed that I missed the free hazmat deal from Grafs.  I'm currently using N320 and wanted to try the Prima V out.

Y'all might want to look at the thread in General Reloading under Prima V different batch.

I'm not a user but have been researching the powder and came across that thread this evening here on Benos!

20 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Y'all might want to look at the thread in General Reloading under Prima V different batch.

I'm not a user but have been researching the powder and came across that thread this evening here on Benos!

Thanks for the heads up!  I have some, all from the same batch, but haven't gotten around to using it yet.  I'll follow that thread for updates and see if there is anything I need to be aware of.