Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Alpha-X holster

anbrumm

On 8/3/2017 at 6:11 PM, GringoBandito said:

I made the switch and I prefer the alpha X due to the all metal construction. I was always too nervous about over tightening the holster adjustments on the gouge ribas holster so it  was easy to bump the holster out of adjustment. 

this is crazy to me. i tightened the snot out of mine. i have legit pulled my pants darn near over my belly button on a start that i forgot to unlock it on and it didnt lose adjustment at all. don't knock it because you didnt set it up right.

i have been debating trying the x but man my old faithful gugaribas has been great...

now i did just see the new thigh pad option in a video release on facebook! if i can run it with my gogun ill be making the switch to try out. 

Edited by tcazes

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I missed it “sorry” but could someone tell me what insert this takes for the CK arms steel grips ?  No selection for that model in the drop-down box.  Thanks 

SV steel insert

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this is crazy to me. i tightened the snot out of mine. i have legit pulled my pants darn near over my belly button on a start that i forgot to unlock it on and it didnt lose adjustment at all. don't knock it because you didnt set it up right.

i have been debating trying the x but man my old faithful gugaribas has been great...

now i did just see the new thigh pad option in a video release on facebook! if i can run it with my gogun ill be making the switch to try out. 

What thigh pad option?

3 hours ago, rchaas said:

What thigh pad option?

Daa posted on Facebook a thigh pad option for the new holsters. Looks like it's a great option piece. Now I just need to find a used holster so I don't waste as much money if I don't like it lol

23 minutes ago, tcazes said:

i spoke with ben stoger. will probably get it there and get a hundo gauge as well

Might be a little cheaper at SC With enos discount. Not sure if DAA qualifies for sure though.

Regardless they are available if you just check around.?

Edited by Sarge

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:45 PM, Sarge said:

Might be a little cheaper at SC With enos discount. Not sure if DAA qualifies for sure though.

Regardless they are available if you just check around.?

How do I find out more about the Enos discount?

This may be a dumb question, but I am hoping that someone can chime in to help me.  I only shoot 3 gun and do not shoot USPSA or IPSC at this point (I may try in the future).  I ran into some guys at a 3 gun match yesterday and they were both using the Double Alpha Race Master holster.  They highly recommended it, but I do not see many other 3 gun shooters using this type of holster.  

Can anyone offer some insight as to why the Race Master or the Alpha X would or would not be a good choice for 3 gun?  The only thing I can think of is that it might be possible for the pistol to become un-holstered or full of dirt/mud when rolling around on the ground.

Thank you for any help/advice.

2 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Send an email to SC and they will set up your current account with the discount!

I have the Enos discount with SC.  Some DAA products receive a discount.  The Alpha X holster  is not one of them

12 hours ago, rchaas said:

New thigh pad installed. Simple, elegant solution. Makes this very good holster great!!
cf2ce7236a25a91eda333a2baff4769d.jpgd5e8484f853360ba498b08ee7fd64b50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They went out of stock fast.

On 3/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, tcazes said:

does anyone know why the phoenix trinity insert seems to cost extra on some sites? why would it be extra?

It's the same price at CED, that's where I got mine recently.  No reason for other sites to charge more unless supply is limited and they're taking advantage of it.

22 hours ago, rchaas said:

New thigh pad installed. Simple, elegant solution. Makes this very good holster great!!

Just got mine as well from CED, I agree 100%.

38 minutes ago, cs62 said:

It's the same price at CED, that's where I got mine recently.  No reason for other sites to charge more unless supply is limited and they're taking advantage of it.

turned out it equaled the same as everywhere else. no harm no foul but i must say i dont know why i didnt switch sooner!!!!! gosh this thing is smooth. 

1 minute ago, tcazes said:

turned out it equaled the same as everywhere else. no harm no foul but i must say i dont know why i didnt switch sooner!!!!! gosh this thing is smooth. 

Yep, now add the thigh pad, as rchaas stated, it goes from good to great!

2 minutes ago, cs62 said:

Yep, now add the thigh pad, as rchaas stated, it goes from good to great!

oh i didnt even try it without it lol. that was ordered at the same time

IMG_20180323_121203_655

Edited by tcazes

5 hours ago, tcazes said:

oh i didnt even try it without it lol. that was ordered at the same time

IMG_20180323_121203_655

Does the PT evo grip fit like a glove in the PT block option without having to file anything? I got a Chaos and had to file the PT block on the RM and Limcat holster too.