Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the best extended mag bottoms for tactical sport

Gridlock

I use the original "guts" in most of my mags, because the original spring is stronger and the follower locks the slide back on empty.  That is a requirement at some of the shoots I attend.  The penalty is one round of capacity.

The CZC springs and followers work flawlessly, add one extra round of capacity, but will not lock the slide back after they have been broken in.

28 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

So, with the CZC base pads you don't have to use their follower and spring?  You can use factory, but you will be minus one extra round vs the CZC?

yes..you can use the pad with or without the spring kit.

the spring kit will just add additional rounds.

15 hours ago, selecw said:

CZC extended base plates with Grams springs and followers for me. 21+1 in .40. As others have mentioned the slide doesn't lock back, so don't miss your reload :)

Thanks  never heard of grams just found a video on YouTube with a guy using them 

1 hour ago, arkadi said:

Are CZC pads supposed to be fixed by some tool, screw, or baseplate? Mine slides off of the tube a little bit when shooting, but spring holds them on.

Should have L-shaped lock plate to hold pads in place.

CZC pads and spring kits for me. I run them on all my 40 and 9 magazines. The last ones I bought fit really tight, but a little bit of sanding/polishing and now they are easy. Only one I tried and didn't like was the Taylor Freelance: had a hard time getting them on and off for cleaning. Have been please with other Springer products, so I'm sure they are well made. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/5/2016 at 0:28 PM, selecw said:

CZC extended base plates with Grams springs and followers for me. 21+1 in .40. As others have mentioned the slide doesn't lock back, so don't miss your reload :)

Might there be another follower out there that can do both?

1 hour ago, yellowfin said:

Might there be another follower out there that can do both?

Sign me up if there is.  On my CO SP-01 I use MecGar 17 round tubes, factory follower and spring and CZC extension. 22 rounds of 9mm and that does lock back. 141mm OAL.

Edited by selecw

6 hours ago, selecw said:

Sign me up if there is.  On my CO SP-01 I use MecGar 17 round tubes, factory follower and spring and CZC extension. 22 rounds of 9mm and that does lock back. 141mm OAL.

Have you checked that in a gauge?  The 17 round tubes are slightly longer than the 16s.

Edited by kneelingatlas

11 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

Have you checked that in a gauge?  The 17 round tubes are slightly longer than the 16s.

I ordered one a couple of days ago. Going into Area 1 and Area 2 matches I did not want to solely trust my calipers. FYI the calipers certainly do read 141mm or slightly under. I triple checked but ....

11 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

Anybody used the Springer precision 170 basepads?

I installed on and I am getting same load as the 140 bases, 23+1.

What am I missing? I am sure it's fairly obvious as MIT isn't exactly breaking down my door for a scholarship.....

I got 29+1, maybe the follower is not entering the pad? Are you using the factory follower?