Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for red grips with palm swell that are as thick as factory rubber

chbrow10

Folks,

I am looking for red grips with palm swell that are as thick as factory rubber for a Shadow.  If I can't get red I'll settle for any non-obnoxious color/pattern, but I would like them as thick as the factory rubber.  I have read the "comprehensive CZ grip" post that is now closed/locked, and it looks like the Toni systems grips fit the bill but are over $100 and have to come from Europe.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the diameter of the VZs 1.387" (straight from automatic accuracy). They have less arch to them than the LOKs. The LOKs are probably the thickest G10 style grips you will find. If you want a specific color not available on the website, call LOK direct. You might have to wait, but he probably can do it. 

I have tried 3 different types of Boogies grips from LOKGrips (Jayson) There is one for almost every hand size (you can always custom order ;) ).

I've tried the following:

Regular Boogies (flat no palm swell)

Palm swell Boogies (thick and curved/arced), the upper hump did not work with my style of gripping the gun (high grip)

Based on regular Boogies thick version (flat no palm swell, thicker overall, grip texture wrapped around).

Boogies.jpg

How aggressive are they. I have the VZ diamondbacks palm swell. I love them. They are verry aggressive. At least at first. Then your hand gets used to them or wears down the checkering a little.   I don't want to get anything that's less abrasive.  

53 minutes ago, pointerman1967 said:

I ordered a set of palm swell grips from LOK in blue.  They weren't on the site.  Just email him and he'll do exactly what you want.  Great to work with.

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/palm-swell

Orange ain't red, but I'm thinking they might look cool. Like the blue but I'm looking to diversify.