Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tango Stock 2 REVIEW!

P.E. Kelley

25 minutes ago, P.E. Kelley said:

I don't know the poster, but it is a shame he can't get one and that has him made him bitter.

He has 2... Here in California they are more difficult to get because they are off roster... But luckily he knows a guy who can get one... ;)

Very nice review, Patrick!

Odd you had mag issues, i have over 20 mags and they all work in every gun tried.  you must have some  "Monday mags" lol.

With polishing, springs and a few bits you can get the da down to 5 1/2# pretty easy with good factory ammo reliability. Or to low 4's and federal match only.

Yeah, I did. Except for the Stock 2 holding two extra rounds and having a hard chrome finish, the Xcal beats it in every measurable way... on paper anyway.

But looking at specifications doesn't tell the whole story, shooting experience counts a heck of a lot more than numbers on a spreadsheet. Which is why I asked for Patrick's opinion on which gun he liked better.

Just can't get over that roller lock thing the x-calibur uses. Them and some Beretta guns are some of the few that don't use the tilting barrel lock up these days. Potato-potato both get the job done. Just keep the x-cal well lubed. There can be much friction in there when it unlocks/locks

Actually, I was going to get an X-cal when a deal on a stock2 came up. The X has interesting features and is just as flat shooting as the tanfo, plus it has a better trigger from the factory.  They are good gun, but still rare in the wild. I've only seen one at a match.

I'd love to do a side by side.

On 9/23/2016 at 9:22 PM, Dr Mitch said:

Pat's review is excellent, and I hope he ignores the garbage in this thread.

He has been reviewing guns for quite some time.

Long enough to know that each negative comment - on any particular platform - will bring its diehard loyalists out with their pitchforks and torches. Even Hi-Points.

I'm sure his skin is thicker than that. Unlike ARy's... who loses a full night's sleep each time someone thinks a negative thought about the BOLO. 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

7 hours ago, johnbu said:

Actually, I was going to get an X-cal when a deal on a stock2 came up. The X has interesting features and is just as flat shooting as the tanfo, plus it has a better trigger from the factory.  They are good gun, but still rare in the wild. I've only seen one at a match.

I'd love to do a side by side.

The tough least for me is that, in California, all of these guns are hard to come by. I took a gamble on the stock2. But it it's a platform I am familiar with being similar to the Browning design. The xcal is more like a stoeger or Beretta... I just wast familiar so I didn't want that learning curve.