Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alliant got back with me. ( carry over from What strange things have y

rustybayonet

They seem to be interested in the moth I found in my BE-86, and sent a prepaid label to ship him out. Not sure what will become of this? It is a fun venture non the less. I will miss him, the moth and I put out almost 2k of 9mm together and some .223

I tried 3.4 grains of Moth in a FC 9mm case, under a 147 gr MG bullet,

at 1.13" and got a little fluttering, but no real velocity :)

I tried your load at the indoor range, poor accuracy.... the bullets just kept circling the lights!

• 6 months later...

Case closed, I emailed alliant to ask if and when they would return my little reloading buddy? They gave me bad news, they did some testing and said it was actually their moth and they were glad to have him back. I was heart broken knowing I would never see my little reloading buddy again :( then today in the mail ( actually ups) a pound of BE-86 showed up :) it can't replace my little buddy but it may keep my mind off him.

So I am an alliant fan boy!!!

On 2/9/2017 at 6:08 PM, rustybayonet said:

Case closed, I emailed alliant to ask if and when they would return my little reloading buddy? They gave me bad news, they did some testing and said it was actually their moth and they were glad to have him back. I was heart broken knowing I would never see my little reloading buddy again :( then today in the mail ( actually ups) a pound of BE-86 showed up :) it can't replace my little buddy but it may keep my mind off him.

So I am an alliant fan boy!!!

Nice, and thanks for the follow-up.