Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Switch from CZ to Glock

What's the goal here? Carry gun? Competition? There are several reasons why I'd choose a Glock over the CZ and several why I'd choose the CZ. I have both.

SD/HD, Glock.

USPSA CZ.

Just my opinion.

I had a bit of a lover's spat with my Shadow's front sight a couple weeks ago so I shot a local match with my backup G17. I did surprising well, except for the reloads, which were terrible.

Once I got my CZ's issues fixed, I went back to it and everything is right in the world.

The question is on regards to competition shooting. Also, I am not asking which a person would choose. More so interested in anybody who shot competition with a CZ and switched to Glock.

I switched from a Glock to a CZ.

But then, I switched from a 1911 to an XDm

And then switched from an XDm to a 2011

And then switched from a 2011 to a Glock

Which led to the switch to a CZ

Currently awaiting a 2011 which is getting a trigger job and a new front sight

While thinking about dusting off the 1911

Wait a minute . . . . . .this isn't helping you at all, I'm sure!

I guess my answer is NO

But there is no reason you shouldn't do so if you would like. Unless you have to sell one to purchase the other, you can always switch back if so desired. The best way to get experience with different platforms is to TRY them!

The question is on regards to competition shooting. Also, I am not asking which a person would choose. More so interested in anybody who shot competition with a CZ and switched to Glock.

I've switched (IDPA) from a Glock to a CZ and back to a Glock.

However, I'll be getting another tricked out shadow to give it another try.

I actually switched from a CZ Shadow to a glock 17 for ipsc production. For some reason i like the recoil better in the glock and like the fact that its alot lighter. I just used the cz for about a year so maybe i would have been better with the cz then the glock but i like my g17 better for ipsc.

• 2 weeks later...

My first handgun was a G19 and I shot my first 3-4 matches with that. Then I switched to a CZ SP-01 Tactical and I've been using that ever since. The main reasons I can see switch TO a Glock - cheaper/easier/more accessible gunsmithing, especially DIY stuff, and better accessories availability (although realistically speaking, you can get just about anything you need for CZ).