Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine coupler

Onepocket

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No - all mags must start on the belt unless otherwise stipulated in the WSB.

What's your source for this? I can't find anything supporting it.

"8.1.4 Unless complying with a Division requirement (see Appendix D), a competitor must not be restricted on the number of rounds to be loaded or reloaded in a handgun. Written stage briefings may only stipulate when the handgun is to be loaded or when mandatory"

"8.1.4 Unless complying with a Division requirement (see Appendix D), a competitor must not be restricted on the number of rounds to be loaded or reloaded in a handgun. Written stage briefings may only stipulate when the handgun is to be loaded or when mandatory"

5.2.4?

During the course of fire, after the start signal, unless stipulated otherwise in the stage procedure, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed loading devices shall be carried in retention devices attached to the competitor's belt and specifically designed for that purpose. Unless specifically prohibited in the Written Stage Briefing, a competitor may also carry additional magazines or speed loading devices in apparel pocket(s) and retrieve and use them, providing that the location of the apparel pocket does not violate the requirements of Appendix D, Item 12 (subject to the provisions of Rule 6.2.5.1).

5.2.4?

During the course of fire, after the start signal, unless stipulated otherwise in the stage procedure, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed loading devices shall be carried in retention devices attached to the competitor's belt and specifically designed for that purpose. Unless specifically prohibited in the Written Stage Briefing, a competitor may also carry additional magazines or speed loading devices in apparel pocket(s) and retrieve and use them, providing that the location of the apparel pocket does not violate the requirements of Appendix D, Item 12 (subject to the provisions of Rule 6.2.5.1).

THIS

• 1 month later...

C83BA63F-3BC2-41AC-B419-B2C8EB5FC31B_zps

That answer makes no sense to me from a plain reading of the rules... I would REALLY like to hear the logic behind this opinion.

I am not sure why a drop-leg rig would be illegal provided (i) the carrier is attached to the belt, and (ii) does not hang further from the body than the rules allow. If you wanted to be pedantic, the measurement is made perpendicular to the belt, so some part of the mag body might want to be not lower than the bottom of the belt for ease of measurement. Otherwise, how is this different from a drop-offset attachment?

The rules are clear that magazines have to start on the belt. What if I wanted to carry two handgun magazines coupled together? Again, being pedantic, one could assert that couplers are legal on magazines that start the stage on the belt, but this is not how they will be used... it makes the most sense to start with the coupled mags in the gun and never have to go to the belt. This will have a HUGE impact on classifiers if it stands.

i am not really opposed to either of Troy's assertions, just puzzled.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

1 hour ago, StealthyBlagga said:

That answer makes no sense to me from a plain reading of the rules... I would REALLY like to hear the logic behind this opinion.

Ditto... I think the NROI should issue a ruling as there seems to be a contradiction.... Not that I care either, I don't even own a PCC, but I don't see how you can get around 5.2.4 given that 5.1.12 says all handgun rules apply.

I think the problem is that the person asking the question does not want to use mag pouches that are attached to the belt, or does not want to use mag pouches that are attached to the belt exclusively.  Drop leg panel -- sounds like the pouches would be attached to the panel, not to the belt directly, especially since there's reference to a security strap around the leg.

Remove the security strap around the leg, and you might have a better change of success -- but now you need to create something akin to a BOSS holster hanger for each pouch, to ensure that you'll actually be draw the mag in a reasonable period of time....

Troy's answer contradicts the rules, it's pretty clear they aren't allowed per the rules.

Is this a change to the rules or does DNROI have the ability to change rules by answering a question?

There is no change in the rules. DNROI has the authority to interpret the rules. So it's really a non-issue.

9 minutes ago, peterthefish said:

There is no change in the rules. DNROI has the authority to interpret the rules. So it's really a non-issue.

this is changing the rules, not just an interpretation.