Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ concealed carry choices?

MrTuna

I prefer metal guns to polymer quite a bit. The P-01 and PCR look like they are going to take a trip to a CZ smith for a decent trigger. Has anyone tried the P-01 Omega in single action? The 75 Compact seems ideal but they are hard to find and a little too heavy.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

I go to a lot of gunstores and its hard to find more than one CZ around here to look at and compare. Not many carry them.

The shadows intrigue me but I really want to molest one before buying.

Edited by kells81

I have a PCR with the Cajun Gun Works hammer and SRT, the trigger is very nice with the heavier hammer spring that is included in the kit. About 3.5 pounds single action and maybe 8 in double. But since it is a decocker the trigger pull feels lighter when the hammer is decocked to the half cock notch.

Here is a link to my video of me shooting the gun, first at normal speed and then at 1/8th speed.

A P01 is very close in size to a Glock 19. And with the aluminum frame doesn't feel as heavy as you think it would be. 75 compact is fine as well but I like the feel of the P01 in hand better.

The P-01 and PCR look like they are going to take a trip to a CZ smith for a decent trigger.

why do you say that? I don't mind the trigger on my p01 at all. I did put a lighter mainspring in it (15lb), but other than that, it is stock, and easy to hit alphas at 25 yards. Sure, it's not a race trigger, but I don't really want a race trigger on my carry gun.

I have a PCR with the Cajun Gun Works hammer and SRT, the trigger is very nice with the heavier hammer spring that is included in the kit. About 3.5 pounds single action and maybe 8 in double. But since it is a decocker the trigger pull feels lighter when the hammer is decocked to the half cock notch.

Here is a link to my video of me shooting the gun, first at normal speed and then at 1/8th speed.

Thanks!

That trigger sounds just right for a carry gun. You are shooting it nice and flat. I think I will be going this route with the PCR or P-01.

Edited by MrTuna

I have a CZ 75 compact for my carry gun, but were I to do it all again I'd have gone for the PCR. Now CZC makes killer sights for it, i'm debating the switch.

My 75 compact is a flamethrower. very light shooting comparatively to the plastic wondernines in the same size segment.

I've got the stock hammer, but the SRS kit with the 13# MS, RPTRS. DA is probably about 8#, SA is probably right around 4, or a shade under. For what it's for, that's fine. I don't feel like I need a hammer or a disco.

The weight is a little more than I'd like. I do like the manual safety in place of the decocker for a host of reasons, but chiefly because the decocker feels weird when I'm use to MS guns. It's been a great little gun. I'd recommend some slimmer grips than the factory ones because they carry a lot nicer with those thin grips, like VZ frags or CZC aluminum grips.

I also have a 75 compact for a carry gun. I polished internals and put in the CGW defensive trigger kit w/ short reset. It's a great shooting gun. Still has an appropriate weight trigger, about what everyone is quoting above, 8/3.5ish. I also got a set of sights from CZC that were a HUGE upgrade from factory set up. Overall, I believe the gun is an excellent option. I would probably also look at the smaller P series model, glock 19 sized and I hear a lot of good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Cajun Gunworks sights on mine, They are very good quality, the rear sight is set back about a half of an inch so you have a tad more sight radius. The front fiber optic sight is made by Dawson if I'm not mistaken.

The loads I am shooting are 135 PF out of my Tanfo Limited so you do lose some velocity with the shorter barrel.

Edited by MrPostman

I have a PCR and a P01 that we (Wife and I) carry. I prefer the P01 because it is a bit heavier and that helps to keep the muzzle flip down. Other than that we don't have any preference on who carries what. Other than a 13# HS, they are both stock. My son uses the P01 for production class and he does well.

I was able to handle the P-01 in a gun shop Monday and at the half cock or whatever the position is called the DA was fine out of the box. Any upgrades are just gravy. Very nice gun.

I have a P-02, which is essentially a P-01 Omega. Carry it cocked and locked. Single action is very nice.

I have read about the P-02. Does it have the Omega trigger system or the standard CZ 75 DA/SA with safety? I am considering the P-01 Omega but I need to research the trigger first.

I have the SDP and love the way it shoots. But the problems is finding a holster that would work for me. I like the Raven Concealment Eidolon for comfort. Which is only for Glocks. So I carry the Glock most of the time because of the holster. Comfort and conceal ability. I carry the SDP in the winter with heavy clothes.

I have a 75D PCR, that the wizard known as Lee G. worked on. He installed a CGW extended firing pin with short reset FPB lifter arm, 85C trigger, 13# hammer spring and a reduced power firing pin spring. Everything was polished--he usually polishes the hammer strut AND inside of the spring. Top it off with a stainless steel recoil rod, thin aluminum grips, Meprolight night sights and a Galco IWB holster. Trigger pull is 5.5/3 and it is as accurate as my Shadow. I rarely leave the house without it. If you have never tried the trigger on a PCR out of the box, you will be convinced that you are starting a lawnmower. Expect to do some work.

PS. I chose the decocker because I don't have or train with any pistols that have a safety. But I'm not ruling out the next Compact having a safety.