Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate primers going off...

johnbu

are your ears still ringing?

I read it is kinda loud :-D

glad you are ok

miranda

Sadly, they were ringing before this. :( been ringing for about 20 years.

[And I HATE that too!]

And your wife hates laundering the resulting wardrobe failure.

Let's just say it was a good thing I chose the brown pants... lol

Edited by johnbu

that ain't nothing-i was reloading in the garage once when the garage door spring broke. it is L O U D! had to sea bag those boxers.

Same here! And I might add that's one home repair I won't do myself. Watching that guy winding that spring....... No thanks!

that ain't nothing-i was reloading in the garage once when the garage door spring broke. it is L O U D! had to sea bag those boxers.

Same here! And I might add that's one home repair I won't do myself. Watching that guy winding that spring....... No thanks!

No kidding. I replaced one of those things. By the time you realize you are about to be gruesomely disfigured at best or have your brains blasted across the garage by satans egg beater at worst, it's too late and you're committed. The next 10 minutes are fing terrifying.

I've done a lot of overhead door work, really weird things can happen. Being deaf is the least of your worries when high velocity spring steel is flying past your face.

What type of equipment were you using?

Using the much hated "Lee Loadmaster". I did tweak something right before the boom, so it was probably my fault. I hate that too!

What type of equipment were you using?

Using the much hated "Lee Loadmaster". I did tweak something right before the boom, so it was probably my fault. I hate that too!

I have a Lee Loadmaster. That priming system sucks. I prime my brass off press. Removed the plastic junk, that section just for resizing. Less hassle, fewer wasted primers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've had 2 pop o my Dillon 550B--out of at least 100,000. LOUD!!!!

Haven't done it myself--but have seen the aftermath of it happening to someone else,

having the whole primer tube full go on a Dillon.