Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why do you shoot the division you shoot?

I started out in L-10 (Live in Commiefornia) Then ventured into Revolver when they went 8 round minor. Revolver is my major match go to gun, I feel I shoot it better than any other gun I own and I think it has made me a better shooter with my other guns. I have since been able to get myself a Limited, SS and just recently built a CO pistol. I really enjoy shooting in other divisions and realize that if I want to improve I need to stick to one platform, but it's just so much fun to play in other divisions.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limited is manly, and I Like shooting that, but I have been in Open for the last 12 months.

I love ripping a 10.1 HF stage and the next closest shooter was a 7.8.

It's not just the gun, it is what it allows you to do if you put the time and practice in.

I have only been shooting USPSA for about 3.5 years. I continue to be drawn to Production, L10 and Limited.

I have a CZ-75 SP-01 that I really enjoy shooting Production with. Stage planning is definetly the challenge and I have learned alot.

My Limited and L-10 pistol is a TS. Shooting this pistol is great fun and it is nice to take on complex stages with only a single reload. At the same time I also enjoy shooting this pistol having to use a Production stage strategy - L-10.

I use the same Ghost pouches and belt locations for all divisions. My Limited/L-10 belt only has 3 pouches but does have a magnetic pouch in the front in case the stage requires 4 on the belt. My Production belt has 4 pouches.

I do use a CR-Speed holster for Limited/L-10 while using a Comp Tac holster for Production but, they are located in the same relative area on the belt.

I have only been shooting USPSA for about 3.5 years. I continue to be drawn to Production, L10 and Limited.

I have a CZ-75 SP-01 that I really enjoy shooting Production with. Stage planning is definetly the challenge and I have learned alot.

My Limited and L-10 pistol is a TS. Shooting this pistol is great fun and it is nice to take on complex stages with only a single reload. At the same time I also enjoy shooting this pistol having to use a Production stage strategy - L-10.

I use the same Ghost pouches and belt locations for all divisions. My Limited/L-10 belt only has 3 pouches but does have a magnetic pouch in the front in case the stage requires 4 on the belt. My Production belt has 4 pouches.

I do use a CR-Speed holster for Limited/L-10 while using a Comp Tac holster for Production but, they are located in the same relative area on the belt.

People who shoot L-10 don't exists. Haven't you been reading the threads the last couple months? lol

Started in IDPA CDP, then ssp, revolver, esp. US Steel challenge. USPSA production, then limited. 3 gun tac.optics. now uspsa open and idpa ccp. A different gun, match and class every weekend. I like to shoot all of them.

I went from limited to open. I like open more.

Open to me is pure shooting, there is nothing else to worry about. The dot and magazine capacity remove a large portion of what is required for the other divisions, allowing you to shoot both more accurately and faster. This means that every little mistake is magnified a huge amount, if you want to be competitive with the top shooters in the division. Position entries and exits, shooting cadence on hard targets, absolutely perfect set ups during movement, shooting on the move... all of these things are more important in open than any other division.

Many people that don't shoot open assume that open is easy. I disagree. I say it is much easier to shoot open than the other divisions, but harder to be really good at it.

Production. In AUS we all have 10rd mags these days.

My reasoning.

9mm literally gets more bang for you buck.

I like cz/ Tanfoglio pattern guns.

Costs of gun/loading is lower generally .

Guns used are quite practical.

There is solid competition in the division.

I shoot in every division except open and limited, and my limited gun will be ready soon. I try to commit to a division for a year, but it doesn't always work out that way; I am shooting production this year but my 625 is calling to me.