Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Single Stack Nationals stages posted

PASA is a great range and I love shooting SS Nats. The range and the volunteers always put on one of the top run matches of the year.

But does it seem that the stages this year don't appear to be as challenging as past SS NATS? I realize stages on the ground can be much different than stages on paper, but the highest round count stage is 24 rounds, and only four total stages of 20 or more rounds. Just thought that was interesting compared to past SS Nats with stages of 30 or more and with what appeared to be a lot of movement.

I guess we will see next month. It's going to be a great match and a great time!

http://1911ssc.com/2016-stages/

My memory could be wrong. I thought we had a 30 or 32 stage round last year? I also shot Production Nats at PASA last year so maybe I'm getting the stages between the two confused.

There were 2 stages in 2014 that were 27 rounds, other than that 24 has been the limit. Since this match is "The Single Stack Classic" it has always (normally) followed the tradition of stages being no more than 24 rounds. When the match and division were pitched, you needed a 1911, carry type holster and 3 magazines (hence the 24 round rule).

Stage 12 is not a legal stage.

Why is it not legal?

Can't have all steel.

you can absolutely have all steel

4.3.1.4 states that metal plates must not be used exclusively and that one paper target or popper must be used.

If you love short, small stages with minimal reloading, this is the match for you. Also the reason that after attending once, a few years ago, i won't ever go back. Local level 1 matches have more challenging stages than the SS Nats.

Al

Shot it the past couple of years. After looking over these stages, I'm glad I decided to skip this year. Far better stages this weekend at Battle in the Bluegrass.

Pretty disappointing to see stages like this for a national match.

• 2 weeks later...

If you love short, small stages with minimal reloading, this is the match for you. Also the reason that after attending once, a few years ago, i won't ever go back. Local level 1 matches have more challenging stages than the SS Nats.

Al

I'm sitting here at the Ice House (great place) thinking the same thing.. i come out here to support revolver nationals..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

anybody have any pics of the shirts or the company onfo on who is selling them

I will try and get some photos tomorrow and post here. It may be later in the day as they may not have them out first thing in the morning.

anybody have any pics of the shirts or the company onfo on who is selling them

I will try and get some photos tomorrow and post here. It may be later in the day as they may not have them out first thing in the morning.

post-293-0-71736500-1462583502_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-35745200-1462583511_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-43077500-1462583520_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-98861200-1462583528_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-84953700-1462583539_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-74563400-1462583550_thumb.jpg

post-293-0-87105100-1462583560_thumb.jpg