Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Legal

cbrussell

No way a 5.4" will fit the box. A 5" has very little room left in the 6" wide box. Keep,in mind the grip angles out and the barrel generally protrudes from the slide.

No way a 5.4" will fit the box. A 5" has very little room left in the 6" wide box. Keep,in mind the grip angles out and the barrel generally protrudes from the slide.

This is incorrect. 5.4" can fit the box with work to the back of the gun (beavertail, MSH, and magwell). Smiths can build box legal 5.4s, and SV offers a USPSA compliant 5.4" single stack on their gunbuilder.

Box is 6" high, but issues with that dimension tend to be basepad/sights related. Length of the box is 8.9375 or some silly number like that. 9" would have transformed the sport into a major equipment race for everyone seeking to take advantage of that last sixteenth of an inch.

A SV 5.4 not only fits the box but is also USPSA approved by Gary Stevens himself......he spent about 1/2 hour with mine last year trying to think of a way to disqualify it. At the end of the day, he said SV just built a better mousetrap as it fits the box, makes weight and falls within the parameters of the Division. Anything bigger than a 5.4 would be extremely difficult to fit in the box plus the weight issue would really become a problem.

post-10725-0-67929300-1459961498_thumb.j

A SV 5.4 not only fits the box but is also USPSA approved by Gary Stevens himself......he spent about 1/2 hour with mine last year trying to think of a way to disqualify it. At the end of the day, he said SV just built a better mousetrap as it fits the box, makes weight and falls within the parameters of the Division. Anything bigger than a 5.4 would be extremely difficult to fit in the box plus the weight issue would really become a problem.

Do you have a photo that shows the rear dimensions?

Yeah but my approval and a dollar and change will get you a cup of coffee at Mickey D's.

It is a nice gun though and it was only 28 minutes. Let's not exaggerate :))

Edited by Gary Stevens

Gary,

It was longer than 28 minutes....just saying that it could be the first sign of Alzheimer's when you can't remember exact times!!!! I couldn't resist. It was nice seeing you again this past weekend, even if the weather sucked!!!