Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Triggers in 2016

In that price range you can't go wrong with a CMC. I just got my 2nd for a loaner / new shooter / backup rifle. They have quite a few options so try to feel the difference between their models, especially the curved or flat triggers. CMC makes solid products and are huge supporters of the sport, which I do consider something to consider in weighing options. I have not felt either a Rise or Velocity so I cannot comment on either.

Given a higher budget, the AR Gold is the best AR trigger I have felt. I just haven't gotten to the point where I "need" the AR Gold. Instead, I renewed my membership to my range to get more practice at 300-600 yards for the cost of the AR Gold.

How about the CMC versus JP?

Any ignition issues?

I've ran both. On the clock they are both great and equal. Playing trigger snob in my basement, the JP installed JP trigger has a slight edge. I prefer non adjustable flat triggers so the CMC is my primary.

Velocity is great for $130, or you can spend about $35 and do this to a mil-spec trigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCPLe6FwNkQ

You can do everything in that video and more using the JP springs and a $0.35 ¹/⁴x 28 set screw. For it to come out acceptable in my book you need to fit the sefety and disconnector.

Edited by Shooter115