Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need a belt for 3 gun

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's screwed into the belt with Chicago screws, it doesn't use velcro at all.

I see how it's mounted on the belt. You put your outer belt on your inner belt with velcro. Then after it's stuck together you pull against the connected velcro with the ratchet. The concept sounds great, but I have to wonder if the horizontal pull against the inner & outer belt would wear the velcro faster.

How much overlap is normal on a belt?

I just got a Shooters Connection belt that I think is way too big. It has 10 inches of overlap. I emailed Shooters Connection and they said the belts are designed to have 8 inches of overlap. Even that seems like too much. That would be from the middle of my back to almost my hip.

Good question. :) I had my holster (teklok) and my mag pouches on it. I'm using the DAA Rail System attachments which go on just like the racer pouches. They don't take up much space at all.

I like the SC belt. Don't fall for cheap knock offs. A good belt is needed to keep all your equipment secure.

And as stages are becoming more dynamic, now more than ever you need a good belt.

Well.....after being in the sport for over 25 years and well entering my twilight year in this sport......I made the switch to the ELS system. Some love it, some hate it........If I was new in the sport, I'd seriously look at it. Now.....my pistol is still using a teklok, guess some things, I just won't change.

Yeah.....it may cost a little more......buy once, cry once. The basket weave is pretty stout for sure.

Im very interested in the Carbon Arms Ratchet belt. I like the concept and the belt looks really rigid. You can use ELS with it too. My concerns are space lost due to the ratchet system itself and how to secure the excess. But seems like it would be a rock solid belt for a lot of movement.

Im very interested in the Carbon Arms Ratchet belt. I like the concept and the belt looks really rigid. You can use ELS with it too. My concerns are space lost due to the ratchet system itself and how to secure the excess. But seems like it would be a rock solid belt for a lot of movement.

After seeing Snopeczynski's ratchet setup at a match I too was reluctant that it would work well for my current ELS belt set-up. Plus I wasn't too thrilled of taking the studs off to accommodate the install. Mark then released the details of the entire CARBS belt set-up coming out and after talking to him measured my exact waist size with pants and inner belt on to find the best size. I'm still waiting for it to arrive but have been pondering of where in relation to my gear I will set the ratchet up. I'm a right hand shooter and thinking about 4 o'clock right behind my holster. That should make it readily accessible for adjustment and give me as much real estate to mount ELS clips as possible around my left hand side for pouches.

I'm really looking forward to getting this belt as the only thing I dislike about the ELS belt itself is the give/take you have to deal with when engaging the two locking studs. It's always seems too tight or too loose.

I have let several people use the CARBS belt set-up for a match and all have been very happy with it. Putting the strap side right behind the holster and the buckle on the back seems to work really well for strong hand shotgun loaders. For weakhand loaders, there is enough room for the strap and buckle in front of the holster placement.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2016 at 5:37 PM, MarkCO said:

I have let several people use the CARBS belt set-up for a match and all have been very happy with it. Putting the strap side right behind the holster and the buckle on the back seems to work really well for strong hand shotgun loaders. For weakhand loaders, there is enough room for the strap and buckle in front of the holster placement.

Add me to the list of happy guys Mark.... I finally got a chance to set up my CARBS after receiving the 14 inch strap you kind folks sent. Works like a charm. I love the ability to be able to ratchet it tight for a stage and back it off afterward. I had several comment at a local match this weekend on both the entire belt and the ratchets. I'm sure a few orders will be made this morning from the PNW.

Edited by Boxerglocker

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:37 PM, MarkCO said:

Just seen this thread and just placed an order for the ratchet system to add to my ELS belt. I'm looking forward to trying this out. If it works well I'll be ordering another for my other belt. The two studs on the ELS belt are my only complaints with it.

5 hours ago, dthomas1003 said:

Just seen this thread and just placed an order for the ratchet system to add to my ELS belt. I'm looking forward to trying this out. If it works well I'll be ordering another for my other belt. The two studs on the ELS belt are my only complaints with it.

I just got my ratchet today. Cutting the end with the studs on it in a few minutes, to put on the ratchet.

I went with an ELS belt and chopped it off and attached the Carbon Arms ratchet kit, BEST DECISION EVER. Not having the overlap on the belt is great, also being able to adjust the tension during a stage then loosen it after is great. Also having the strap directly behind the holster saves a ton of room on the belt and allows for better spacing of the ELS plates.

1 hour ago, mveto said:

I went with an ELS belt and chopped it off and attached the Carbon Arms ratchet kit, BEST DECISION EVER. Not having the overlap on the belt is great, also being able to adjust the tension during a stage then loosen it after is great. Also having the strap directly behind the holster saves a ton of room on the belt and allows for better spacing of the ELS plates.

That's great to hear. Hopefully my ratchet kit arrives in time to put it to use this coming weekend.